style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had a visit from Jacobs Baliffs last week concerning two Liability Orders. I sent him away with a flea in his ear, telling him that i will carry on paying the council via their Online Payments.

I have a question: Reading the paperwork that he posted through my door I noticed that he has applied all of their charges twice including a levy on my car ( which is declared Sorn at the momment because i cannot afford Road Tax).

In other words he has applied the charges on both LO`s even though he only visited once, is that allowed?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

No send a Formal Complaint to Council stating that levying twice on the same goods is verboten, citing the LGO report into Blaby council as rossendales, and as the car isd ion SORN is likely to fetch scrap value only, therefore is insufficient in value, and you consider the bailiff has levied solely to garner fees.

Ask the council

How many liability orders they hold for you

How much owing on each

When were they obtained

Whwen were they sent to bailiffs

and the acme letter to Jacobs

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for reply Brassnecked, i,m just going to see how far they take it. Meanwhile i will carry on paying of my arrears via Councils online payments. I admit i have missed a few now again but I don`t see how getting a Bailiff and their excessive Fees will help the situation.

Also I have just found out that the monies I have been paying have only been offset against 2011/2012 arrears and nothing been payed off 2012/2013 CT bill. I stupidly thought they would split monies between the two.

Hi Just to note, I have been having a read on this site and it seems that other people have got different Ref. No`s for different Liability Orders. I have checked mine and both my LO`s have got the same Ref. No.

Can you receive more then one LO for the same Council Tax year?

I don`t think you can but thought i would just ask.

I have had a very kind letter from Jacobs today, stating that i can make arrangments to pay by instalments,

" Subject to our bailiff calling to your property and completing the relevant paperwork (this will incur a statutory fee) AND you making an immediate payment"

They are very desperate to get into my house !!!!!

Hi Just to note, I have been having a read on this site and it seems that other people have got different Ref. No`s for different Liability Orders. I have checked mine and both my LO`s have got the same Ref. No.

Can you receive more then one LO for the same Council Tax year?

I don`t think you can but thought i would just ask.

3.3.1 The collection and reporting of Council Tax income is straightforward when a tax payer pays their annual charge within that year. Complexities arise when a Council Tax Payer falls into arrears and owes the council money for past years as well as the current year. There is significant case law (for example, Peter v Anderson (1814)) however, put simply, if a person specifies which years debt the payment should be assigned it should be assigned to that years debt.

3.3.2 The council tax system has built in allocation rules to ensure that the law with respect to specified payments is met. For instance, if a customer has a payment plan for any year of debt and the payment they make matches the planned instalment then the money will be allocated to that year (this is known as “hard” allocation on the council tax system). If the system is unable to “hard allocate” then it will instead “soft” allocate and the debt will be used against the oldest debt unless manually adjusted.