Card Protection Plan & PPI are the same thing PROOF from Lloyds.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope the attached helps some people.

I've seen a few threads that stated they were different things.

Got this letter from Lloyds today stating they are one and the same thing.

Kind regards,

TC

Many thanks for this :)

So LTSB aims to provide all of its customers with a World Class banking service does it. Shame it has failed so miserably !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks for this :)

So LTSB aims to provide all of its customers with a World Class banking service does it. Shame it has failed so miserably !!

Come on = they certainly have i..e. Out of this World Class Banking! they should get out of this world?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Service?? What beggars belief is that I have ALL the statements that THEY have provided me for this account via a SAR request detailing CPP was paid and this letter says they have checked their records and none was?

Muppets!

Service?? What beggars belief is that I have ALL the statements that THEY have provided me for this account via a SAR request detailing CPP was paid and this letter says they have checked their records and none was?

Muppets!

My apologies, I missed that bit. If you have proof that there is PPI then you must challenge their decision and ask for it back.

Obviously their letter falls short of this World Class service they have said they want you to have.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What I dont understand is why they say that you have said that there isnt any PPI/CPP on the account?

BCOBS

What I dont understand is why they say that you have said that there isnt any PPI/CPP on the account?

That would be because when I initially made a claim to recover CPP they totally missed the subject line of the letter and replied with‘thanks but you didn’t have PPI on this account’.

So I sarcastically replied ‘Thank you for confirming I didn’thave PPI, this is about CPP’…. Etc etc

But now they have stated it’s the same thing!

Next letter with copies of the statements that THEY have sent me will be off on Monday :)

Oh dear.. !!

BCOBS

Sent this off today with copies of statements I've been provided. They can't refuse to pay out surely? :)

Thank you for your letter of 12/03/13 with your reference of xxxxxxxx in which you state that no PPI was taken out on this account.

You further go on to state that ‘Cardholder protection plan’ is the same as PPI. Thank you for confirming this.

From this point forward, for avoidance of all doubt, I wish to reclaim the ‘Cardholder protection’ payments as they are the same as PPI, a fact you have confirmed to me in writing.

I enclose copies of statements that YOU have provided me detailing ‘Cardholder protection plan’ payments via an SAR. I have included as many as I have been provided but I am sure this does not fully cover all the payments charged on this account.

Please investigate and refund all payments made with appropriate interest at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...