Sky TV Help!

KeithM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sky cut us off today. To be fair the bank bounced their direct debit payment due on Feb 27th. I paid that off today but the lady I spoke to said that they also want the payment for next month as well which is not due until March 27th.

I thought you paid a month in advance? So does anyone know why I still haven't got my services back? I asked the lady at the time would it come back if I paid today and she said "It could do. I don't know? It might do." But is it not the case that if I pay in advance I am not getting the services I've paid for?

Does anyone know what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

K.

Hi Keith

If a dd bounces and then subsequently cancels the account then blocks. If this happens within 14 days of the next payment then sky look for the next payment as well as the dd wont be set up for the next payment date. There is no set criteria for the advisors to follow to advise of how much you can pay towards it for it to be reactivated as it goes by past payment history.

If you have made payment the advisor can tell you when you set up the dd and make a payment if the system has reactivated it or not.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for coming back.

My wife spoke to sky yesterday and a lady by the name of Stacy told her the services would be restored today.

I have spoken to them today and they said that even though they have accept I have paid for this period to restore the service I have to pay in advance to April the 27th.

I have been with sky virtually since it has started I want to cancel its service and they have told me I ant cancel the service.

They then told me I am in contract til November even though I had to agree to a new contract when they gave me misinformation.

They told me I had a problem with the box and I needed a new one a HD one but had to agree to another 12 months to get an engineer to come round. The engineer came round and said it was nothing to do with the box and I didn't need a new one in the first place.

I am fed up as even they agree I have paid until March the 27th.

I am guessing there is nothing I can do or is there?

Thanks,

Keith

Im a former employer of sky so understand how things work. It is useless speaking to them by phone sometimes as the majority of staff are new and arent sure whats going on and can only tell you what information they have on there screen. Your best bet is to go to the official SKY website and get there email address. They don't have a complaint departmant on the phone, so they handle all complaints via email or post. I would contact them via email as they are generally pretty quick at replying.

Im a former employer of sky so understand how things work. It is useless speaking to them by phone sometimes as the majority of staff are new and arent sure whats going on and can only tell you what information they have on there screen. Your best bet is to go to the official SKY website and get there email address. They don't have a complaint departmant on the phone, so they handle all complaints via email or post. I would contact them via email as they are generally pretty quick at replying.

Sorry but you are wrong in most of the things you have said.

Sky has quite a high level of long service staff.

Sky do no have an email address - you have to use the contact us option on the website.

Yes they do deal with complaints and these are logged onto any customers account that raised one whether by phone email or snail mail.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Thanks for coming back.

My wife spoke to sky yesterday and a lady by the name of Stacy told her the services would be restored today.

I have spoken to them today and they said that even though they have accept I have paid for this period to restore the service I have to pay in advance to April the 27th.

I have been with sky virtually since it has started I want to cancel its service and they have told me I ant cancel the service.

They then told me I am in contract til November even though I had to agree to a new contract when they gave me misinformation.

They told me I had a problem with the box and I needed a new one a HD one but had to agree to another 12 months to get an engineer to come round. The engineer came round and said it was nothing to do with the box and I didn't need a new one in the first place.

I am fed up as even they agree I have paid until March the 27th.

I am guessing there is nothing I can do or is there?

Thanks,

Keith

You do not agree to another 12 months agreement for a visit. If you upgraded to HD then you have to agree to a min 12 months if getting the box on offer unless you pay the full cost. If you didn't want the hd box you could have cancelled at the point of install or up to 30 days after it was activated.

What is it you are wanting?