I've been made bankrupt for money I don't owe please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was really ill in 2010 with a medical condition which i was hospitalized for almost 3 months (on and off),

3 months prior to that I was clinically depressed and seeing a Psychiatrist and Councillor once or twice a week.

All of this time I wasn't working and earning nothing and totally reliant only on FTC.

I had a vet bill which I was struggling to pay off before all of this but managed to pay each month

but when I fell ill with my depression I missed 1 (one) payment.

Within 2 weeks the practice had logged a CCJ but I was in no state to respond or fight my corner,

the only reason I would leave my bedroom was to go to my counselling sessions

and then I would have someone drive me as I wasnt fit enough to drive.

Anyway...

Six months later still depressed and four stone lighter,

I started to try and rebuild my heath but everything else was still being hidden from me by my partner

as my mental health was still in a very poor state,

although I decided I no longer needed to see my Psychiatrist I continued (and still continue) to take the anti depressants.

Through 2011 I wasn't working still and had an added pressure of a family emergency which I cant speak about here.

All of my bills snowballed and the vet practice made Bankruptcy Petition to the court in Nov 2011 with a hearing in Jan 2012.

Only now am I able to look at all of the paperwork but I am struggling to understand it.

It looks as though the hearing was held off for some reason as the my paperwork doesn't flow,

i think there is a letter or two missing but it looks as though the Bankruptcy was filed in May 2012.

I do remember my partner contacted someone to tell them I was too ill to attend the meeting with an official of the court

(I think) and there was a couple of further emails exchanged between them, but never to me.

I was told the last email from the official said that "he was leaving and the case would be handed over to his replacement".

I still haven't had any correspondence with them 'directly' to this date, not letters, no emails, nothing! but now I am trying to sort this mess out.

I have found the Bankruptcy entry online and it has been 'extended indefinitely' but I have a problem with this;

1st. I have noticed the CCJ is wrong, it has the wrong amount that I owe

2nd. the CCJ dates on the plaintiff's claim are actually later than the date on the court papers:

They state that I took their services on 1st Oct 2010 and the application date to the court is June 2010 and yet they try to claim interest from 2009

3rd. even if the CCJ stands with the incorrect amounts and date,

the Bankruptcy officials have never contacted me or chased me,

I have had to carry out my own research and the only knowledge I have on 'what to do next'

has been down to my seeking advice (which is why I am here) and now they have extended my Bankruptcy

with only 5 months to go when it should have been extended no later than 6 months before the end.

So my question is.. "what do I do?" I really hope you can help.

Edited by citizenB

I have sent an S.O.S on your behalf and have also alerted site team for you.

I am sure someone will be able to help you sort this out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You may be able to annul this but you have a long haul / fight ahead of you, are you prepared to be put through this potentially ?.....I presume that you haven't had an interview with the official receiver as yet too and I may be wrong but until that time then your bankruptcy may be extended. It may be that they think you are ill for the long run....from previous correspondence with your partner.

I really think you would need to have an initial chat with a solicitor

• Haha 1