Lowell Group/Scotcall/Frederick (Long story)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry but this is going to be long winded and you'll be bored by the end of iit (bbt i'm trying to provide as much info as possible; looking back on it, some of the info i was given was conflicting etc.)

Hi all,

I have had a dispute with Vodafone since May 2008 regarding 3 Phone Contracts; I was with Vodafone for many years but transferred to O2 in 2007 after o2 offered me a far better deal and submitted my 30 days notice to cancel the 3 contracts (via letter which Vodafone acknowledged; no I didn’t keep copy (which I know now I shouldhave)

I changed to o2 and heard nothing until 12 months later when a letter appeared through my letter box asking for a £1000.00 due to default on contracts (2 contracts) it appears that Vodafone have renewed my contracts without my consent (claimed it was done over the telephone; I always go in store and sign contracts, personal preference) I contacted Vodafone and spoke to an advisor who informed me that it was all a mistake and would be sorted out.

I then get another letter a few days later stating that I now owe them another £567.00 for the third contract; I get back on the phone to them and speak again and once again am assured that it will all be sorted.

I phone back a few days later and am told that everything is fine and it is all sorted and will hear no more about it; 3 weeks later I have a debt collector on my door askingf or money.

I refuse tos peak to the gentleman and he goes away saying that he will be back in seven days; I go straight back on the phone to Vodafone and speak to a gentleman with limited English who is not very helpful and says that I now owe them £2542.00 in phone bills. I ask him how and he cannot explain and I am told that that I need to e--mail into Vodafone Customer Services and ask them. I hung up and did as was told and got no response.

The debt collector comes back seven days later and I speak to him again and explain to him again that I have no idea what the debts and ask for copy of the contracts and bills, he then says that he places the account in dispute and will not visit me again.

I get no response from Vodafone and once again phone and was told that I am not on their records and have no contract with them. I ask for this in writing and am toldt hat a letter will be sent out to me. (As you can guess I've got no letter).

I call Vodafone again and manage to get a direct email for customer services and e-mail backa nd fore (emails exchange below;

Online Contact was made through Vodafone Website asking why I had people visiting my address I provided the account number I was given by Debt Collector (sorry I didn’t keep a copy of original email I sent; yes I’m stupid I know)

VF Response:

Hello XXXX

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services.

I understand your concern but you must be having the past outstanding amount to be paid for that reason they must have visited you.

I trust the above information is helpful to you.

Kind regards,

XXXXX

E-Mail Response (1)

Hello,

Thank you foryour reply but my questions to you are why?

I have no outstanding amount with Vodafone, Why is this company contacting me regarding an outstanding amount? plus I have had a letter this morning from a company now asking for a £1000 for charges to Vodafone?

Please can someone explain this to me? or is this an error from Vodafone?

Kind Regards,

Xxxxx

VF Response 2

Hello XXXX

XXXX, I suggest contacting our Collections Team to make the payment. They are better equipped to assist you with this. You can contact them on calling on 08700 725 625 between 8 am to 8 pm (Monday to Friday).

I trust this information is helpful.

Regards,

E-mail response (2)

I have contacted your collections team and have been referred to yourself, you are asking me to make a payment but have no idea on what I am making a payment for?

canyou please answer the following questions?

1)Why am I being asked to make a payment?

2)What is this “payment” for?

3)In what amount is Vodafone seeking?

Regards,

Xxxxx

VF Response 3

Hello XXX

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Service.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern.

I would request you to get back to us with your Vodafone number and account details. This is required so that we can look into the matter and resolve your concern as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience with us.

Kind regards,

XXXX

E-mail Response (3)

Thank you for your email, but I have not been provided with a mobile number or account details. I have contacted your collections team and they have no record of any issues, I have emailed you on several occasions and receiving no help, do I take this as there has been a mistake and this issue is not involving me and the letters being sent to me are a mistake?

I will again supply my address details once more as the previous details supplied to my by a previous advisor are according to Vodafone notvalid.

My Name is xxxx

Address: xx

DOB: xxxxx

Regards,

Xxxxx

VF Response 4

Hello xxxx

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Support. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

xxxxxx I request you to provide Vodafone number and account details and this will alow me to investigate the matter further.

I will look forward to the reply.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxx

E-mail Response (4)

As stated in my previous 3 emails, I do not have a Vodafone Account Number or Mobile Phone Number, which is why I have provided with other means of Identification. Please can we get this issue resolved because I do not like the fact that I have people knocking on my door for no reason, please can I have a response with regard to my query

Regards,

Xxxx

VF Response(5)

xxxx

Thank you for writing to Vodafone e-mail customer service.

I do understand your concern but without any information how we can identify the problem, so I would suggest you to collect the information and then get back to us because without any information we also can’t do anything.

Please provide the following details:

Account number

Mobile number

Customer name

Trust the above information addresses your query.

regards,

Xxxxx

E-Mail Response (6)

Thank you for your email,

I find your email very disappointing that a company the size of Vodafone cannot find a persons details using their name, address, date of birth. I have provided the account number I was given and told by your collections team that it is not valid and the information I was given was incorrect. I find my self battling constantly trying to get this issue resolved, I have sent several emails now and told the same thing but no one is addressing the issue that the information provided to me is not matching on your systems. Your last email says that I am not providing information but I am providing all the relevant information that I have.

I find this process very poor that you cannot find a persons details using standard data protection checks and the information provided by your selves to the gentleman I have been dealing with is disputed. Where do I go from here? Your collections team refer me to you to get this issue resolved,email customer services are saying that I do not exist or cannot find an account or any details that belong to me.

I will once again provide my details in the hope that any details can be found.

My Name is xxxx

Address: xxxxx

DOB: xxx

Regards,

xxxx

VF Response 7

Helloxxxxx

Thank youfor getting back to me with the details.

I've tried to trace your cancelled Vodafone account with these details but I'm failed todo so.

I request you to please popup into your nearest Vodafone retail store. To find you rnearest store, please click here

Isincerely appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Xxxxx

E-mail Response (7)

Thank you for your email, I have been to my nearest Vodafone Store and spoken to customer services from the store both of which have told me that I need to contact you, I take it based on the correspondence and the failure tofind an account linked to me is an error on Vodafone’s part, that I can inform the gentleman I have been dealing with so he can put the steps in place to withhold any further correspondence and remove any records that you supplied.

Regards,

Xxxxx

VF Response(8)

Helloxxxxx

I sincerelyapologise for all the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

I would requesty ou to get back to me with the mobile number and account number so that I can help you.

Trust this helps.

Kind regards,

E-Mail Response (8)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is the 5th time you have asked me for a mobile or account number and as I have stated in previous emails, that the mobile and account number I provided at the start of this email exchange 11 days ago according to your colleagues is not valid and does not belong to me. I have provided my name, address and DOB details on several occasions only to be told that you cannot find any account relating to myself.

I am there by requesting that you contact your quality assurance team to remove the default from my credit file as advised by previous members of staff due to the mistake made by Vodafone. I will once again provide my personal details for Data Protection Purposes and would like this defaultremoved from my credit file within 14 working days.

My personal details are as follows:

Name: xxxxx

Address: xxxxx

Post Code: xx

Date of Birth: xxxx

Kind Regards,

xxxxxx

VF Response (9)

Hello xxxxx

Thank you for writing to Vodafone customer services.

As you are receiving calls from the debt collection agency you can ask them about the subscription number or the account number for which they are chasing the payment. Once you have got the number please write back to us and we will look into the issue.

Any inconvenience caused to you in the meantime is deeply regretted.

Regards,

Xxxxxx

E-mail Response (9)

Dearsir/madam,

Is anyone in Vodafone reading my emails? The numbers provided do not match any details provided to me? I have provided my information and the information given to debt Collection Company

Once again I am requesting my credit file be updated with in 14 working days by your quality assurance team.

Regards,

Xxxxx

After this email exchange I went back to the store and spoke to a man who took one look at the email exchange whose exact words were “there’s nothing we can do, you need tos peak to collections” I phoned collections and spoke to a lovely lady who insisted that customer services “online” made problems instead of fixing them. She would take personal responsibility for my case and send an email to the quality assurance team and have the default removed from my file.

2 weeks later I signed up to Experian and it was still there on my file; I spoke to Vodafone again and provided the ladies name who I spoke to and was told me that I have no VF account and that she would phone me back and get a letter sent out;

I gave up and let it be because I didn’t think I could do anything about it until 2012 Ireceive another letter saying that I will get a doorstep visit in the nextseven days.

8 weeks later a man turns up on my door asking for £1500 for one defaulted contract. I print off the emails and show him that Vodafone have no records of my name address etc on their system.

Debt Collector goes away saying that he will put the account on hold and stop anymore correspondence; (Yes I’ve heard it all before)

All goes quiet until I receive a phone call from Frederickson International left at my home(with the message left with my grandmother saying that it was an emergency and I needed to contact them as “a matter of urgency” so not knowing who they I phone back and speak to a lady who wants my personal details confirmed (which I refuse to do) and ask her to send any correspondence in writing; she asks for my address which I refuse to give again and once again ask for all correspondence in writing.

I hang up the phone and a few days later I get a letter from Frederickson offering me lower repayments and they will accept any offer from £1.00 per week. I send the following letter:

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: xxxxxxx

I am writing to you once again regarding recent correspondence I have received from yourself regarding a debt from Lowell Financial Limited (Vodafone).

I am requesting all the available documentation relating to this outstanding balance as I am aware that this contract had run the full term and I had given my 30 days notice to cancel the contract as I was no longer in a commitment period and was rolling on a 30 day commitment.

Please can I have a detailed breakdown of the account and charges in full as well as any available documentation for me to review regarding this matter?

I look forward to your response

Yours Sincerely

xxxxx

3 weeks later Ireceive a letter from Frederickson:

Dear XXX

Please find enclosed a breakdown of costs and invoices

(List invoice numbers with prices)

Yours Sincerely

Xxxx

My Response:

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: xxxx

I am writing to you once again regarding recent correspondence dated 17th July 2012, I have received from yourself regarding a debt from Lowell Financial Limited(Vodafone).

As per my request in the letter dated Monday 18th June 2012 and Thursday 11th July 2012, I am requesting once again a copy of the agreement registered to me regarding this disputed balance.

The documents sent to me do not show anything apart from outstanding invoices which are not payable by me as this contract as previously explained was terminated in the correct procedure.

All the documents provided is a list of invoices for non payment of an account which to the best of my knowledge should not be open.

I am once again formally requesting a copy of the agreement which is in place regarding the disputed balance.

Also in the letter dated May 8th 2012, I requested a detailed breakdown of charges for which Vodafone are trying to charge me, I once again require this information as a list of invoice numbers have no relevance to myself.

Whilst this information is being requested as a disputed debt, please place this account on hold and do not proceed with any defaults being registered against me or my home address.

I look forward to your response and all the relevant information being provided so we can resolve this amicably.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxx

I receive a letter back saying that “they have requested the information from the Client and that they will send the information to me as soon as possible”

I hear nothing until Feb 2013 when I get an email from Lowell chasing the debt; I’ve ignored the letters and emails from them and today I receive a letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD acting on behalf of Vodafone and the Lowell groupsaying that they are going to send scotcall to my home address to collect the balance from my home.

Sorry that this is so long winded but I tried to show all the information I have and thebackground so I can get as much help as possible;

Any ideas or help will be very grateful as it is driving me insane;

Should I contact them to stop them coming? Ignore letter etc?

Also I have checked my credit file and it appears that the defaults (they have split my VF account and placed 2 defaults on my credit file) and the date of default is 01/05/2007, would the statute of limitation apply after 01/05/2013 should I contact them or just let it rest until the default dates?

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at

eforum.web@help.vodafone. co.uk (no spaces)

quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

We have a Vodafone rep on the forums - I will send an S.O.S on your behalf. However, if you could contact the web team on the email in the post above and when you are given a reference number, post it on this thread, then when the Rep looks in, he has the information to start looking into your query.

• Haha 2

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know it shouldn't have to come to this, but have you sent a SAR to Vodafone?

This is an absolute farce!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

So scotcall are involved? Guaranteed the debt is phoney and was most likely pushed through by a vodafone rep that made an error and didnt want it to show on their work file. As for the silly responses you got.... Gotta love outsourced call centres.

As CB advised, get in touch with Lee, who is the vodafone rep on here. He is very good at what he does and can look into the problem personally. If you had a default on your Credit file due to it, and it has affected you getting credit, you could be in line for a nice 4 figure compensation sum... if you can prove you were turned down due to it.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to the CAG.

1st did you port your number to O2?

If by chance you get the account number you require sent this to Vodafone

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?417-A-Subject-Access-Request-for

they then have 40 days to comply

Also we have a rep Lee from the Vodafone web relation team on board for the following link as per instructions find it here

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at webrelations@vodafone.com quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

Then follow this most important piece of information STAY OFF THE FONE to any DCA read this

Dca's are NOT bailiffslink3.gif

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

get your cra file as well

see below

as if thats been trashed, you need that sorted too

Join noddle its a Credit Reference Agency get your credit file then come back and let us know more details so we can help you more like when was the DN (Default Notice) when was the last payment and who owns the debt or if the DCA's are acting as agents

Good luck

Edited by mikeymack2002
incorrect info given have edited it out

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

you cant CCA amobile phone debt

there is NO CCA nor credit involved MM

the rest is perfect

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to the CAG.

1st did you port your number to O2? No i didn't I wanted to change my number

get your cra file as well

see below

as if thats been trashed, you need that sorted too (yes I have two defaults on my Credit File)

default notice was may 2007 and no idea who owns the debt (i'm guessing lowell group)

Sorry but can you translate for me?

CCA - Consumer Credit Act?

MM??

mikeymack2002user-online.png is helping you with great advise

just pointing out a couple of errors in the info provided

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx 100 corrected me and at the end of the day have you any bank statements from your past regarding this debt? as any DD (direct Debit ) will have the Vodafone refernce number on it, is there any chance of you have still got anything from Voafone have a look around you may find something,

Ps any site team member has far better info than me just starting to help people myself after great advice from here, having re read your reply you say that the debt was defaulted in 2007 was that your last payment/acknowledgement of this debt? if so it may be coming up to being SB (statute barred) 6 years in England and 5 in Scotland and therefore the OC (origninal creditor) may/not have your agreement anymore so in that case try to find any letters from Vodafone, then SAR (subject access request) them costs £10-00 and they have 40 days to conform with it.

Also Lowells are very quick to issue SD's (Statutory Demands) I think I had 5 with them and got them sorted from here,

If you have not made any payment/acknowlegement PLEASE PLEASE do not make one now as it will start the 6 year clock all over again then you will have to wait all over again, do not admit the debt till they can prove you owe it

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi ofah2012,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get this matter looked into further could you email me with the details you've provided previously via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

When sending your email could you also provide me with the reference quoted in the correspondence you've received from Lowell?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee; sorry i have not been in touch but i'm currently got this flu/virus which is driving me insane but the saga continues.

I have had a phone call yesterday from someone claiming to be an executive accounts administrator for Vodafone Collections asking for some feedback on my recent correspondance with Vodafone. (Havent spoken to Vodafone in over a year) asking for my personal details (which i didnt give) and as wrong as this is going to sound the person on the phone had broken english and could not say my name correctly (i have a fairly simple name), i swiftly hung up the phone and tried to get a contact number but was withheld , has anyone else had this?

Also I have had another letter from Lowell group today telling me that they are now sending me to red debt collection services before taking me to court. It also says that they are going to obtain my credit file and assess my cirumstances.

I have written to lowell and today received my letter back from lowell "return to sender"

I am seriously considering just letting it go for the time being and ignoring all letters and if they try taking me to court then just provide all my e-mails and letters and taking it from there.

Anyway just keeping you up to date

Red Debt Collection are part of the Lowell Group and will make all kinds of threats including the sale of your first born.

All this rubbish about "obtaining your credit file" is designed to make you think they are this Powerful Big Brother entity.. They will have already looked at your credit file some 100,000 times and could probably recite it backwards whilst juggling oranges and eggs !

IMHO, if you are sure of your position, then yes let them prove their case before a Judge - it looks like you have a decent paper trail to back up your side of things.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Actually I think this is a very good example of a Ferguson v. British Gas scenario.

The actions of the various debt collectors amount to harassment; they have been informed time and again that the OP does not owe them money, which is a clear dispute, they have continued collection activity.

Vodafone have plainly failed to grip the situation; they have vicarious responsibility for the actions of the various DCAs. Further, just like British Gas in Ferguson, they cannot just blame their system - it is their responsibility.

Lowell are behind this, and will have bought the debt originally.

I think that what's needed here is a formal complaint to Lowell:

Dear Curs

Your ref: xxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT

I refer to previous correspondence. No debt to you or any company you claim to represent is acknowledged. All communication in this matter must be in writing.

Take notice that I dispute the alleged debt, and do not believe that I owe any money in respect of any Vodafone account. Both Vodafone and other debt collectors have been made aware of this. For your information, Vodafone have informed me that that they can trace no record of my owing them money. Consequently, I consider your collection activity in this matter to amount to harassment within the meaning of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and a serious breach of your obligations under the Office of Fair Trading Guidance, compliance with which is mandatory for you as holders of a consumer credit licence.

You must deal with this matter under your complaint procedure, a copy of which I require you to send to me without delay. By way of resolution, I require the following:

- written confirmation, within 7 days, that you will comply with your obligations under the OFT Guidance, and cease all collections activity

- the removal, within 14 days, of any adverse entry made by any company within the Lowell group on the files of any credit reference agency, and confirmation in writing of same

In the alternative, if you believe that a debt is owed, I invite you to cease your threats and bring proceedings against me in the County Court, where I will be pleased to place my evidence before a Judge, and bring a counterclaim for damages for harassment and damaging my reputation with false entries on my credit file.

Yours etc.

Hi Lee; sorry i have not been in touch but i'm currently got this flu/virus which is driving me insane but the saga continues.

I have had a phone call yesterday from someone claiming to be an executive accounts administrator for Vodafone Collections asking for some feedback on my recent correspondance with Vodafone. (Havent spoken to Vodafone in over a year) asking for my personal details (which i didnt give) and as wrong as this is going to sound the person on the phone had broken english and could not say my name correctly (i have a fairly simple name), i swiftly hung up the phone and tried to get a contact number but was withheld , has anyone else had this?

Also I have had another letter from Lowell group today telling me that they are now sending me to red debt collection services before taking me to court. It also says that they are going to obtain my credit file and assess my cirumstances.

I have written to lowell and today received my letter back from lowell "return to sender"

I am seriously considering just letting it go for the time being and ignoring all letters and if they try taking me to court then just provide all my e-mails and letters and taking it from there.

Anyway just keeping you up to date

Hi ofah2012,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Whilst I can appreciate how you feel about this matter I wouldn't want it to escalate unnecessarily.

As such, could you email me with the relevant details as per my reply from 12th March to enable me to get matters looked into further?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 months later...

First of all apologies for not updating everyone on what’s going on here but it has been a very busy 4 months since I last posted; since the last time I posted I have had countless phone calls and letters from various people and debt collectors

April(Call 1): I had a phone call (would not say who they were from) at my home address which a family member answered; to be told that they needed to speak tome a matter of urgency as it was relating to personal banking matter; I was not at home at this time and was left with the message "If he does not call us back then we will enjoy taking him to Court and take him for every penny he has or is likely to have”; and hung up the phone.

April(Call 2): I had a phone call from someone (no idea who) telling me that I was liable for this debt (which I am not) and that they would contact my employers to insist that they deduct payments from my salary and that my employer had already agreed as he was in full agreement with the company in question overthe matter; at which point I raised the issue of Data Protection with the caller and was hung up on straight away.

April(Call 3): My employer has a phone call asking to speak to me; (no idea where they got my works number) my boss tells them not to phone again as this is a business and my personal finances are not relating to the business and states three times that they are not to contact me and hangs up the phone.

April(Call 4): My employer has another phone call more or less the same time the next day claiming to want to discuss personal financial matter with me but refusing to disclose where they are calling from; I was taken out of a meeting my boss was worried about the call thinking problems with my bank account or my pay. I answer the phone refuse to provide personal details and was told that”should be grateful I am getting the chance to pay back my debts" and then they put the phone down/

April(Letter 1): After the phone calls I get a letter from Lowell’s talking about this debt; I send back a standard letter by recorded delivery outlining proof of debt and also stating that this debt does not belong to me. (Letter sent back - Return to sender;addressee does not live here)

April(Letter 2): Standard Letter from Red Collections saying that they are going tolook at my Credit File and I would have to make payment within 24 hours or face court action (Sent recorded delivery letter stating that they need to provide proof of debt and liability; also asking for copy of contract in question –letter was refused to be signed for)

May(Letter 1): Another letter from Red stating that they had legal representation of my debt and were going to check my Credit Report for the best course of action relating to my account. (I responded by recorded delivery stating that they do not have my consent to check my credit file as this is not a valid debt and even if it was it would now be statute barred as the Default Date was 01/04/2007; letter signed for by someone. Contact red and told that person does not work for company and no receipt of my letter)

May(Call 1): I have a phone call from someone claiming to be from Vodafone “setting up payment for my new Vodafone Contract; according to the person on the phone(not UK based) I had been preapproved for a VF Contract which I had signed for and they were seeking payment from my account”; (I hung up)

May(Call 2): Another phone call asking to speaking to me at home regarding” long standing overdue payment"; according to the message left I was 1 payment behind on a contract and needed to pay to avoid court action.

June(Letter 1-4) all standard letters requesting payments (ignored all letters)

June(Door Visit): Two men appear on my front door with a clipboard asking to speak to me; claiming to be sent from the "County Court" about my arrears. I ask them for ID which they refuse to provide as it was me who had to provide ID "then and there to ensure they had right person" They proceed to tell me that "they have been sent by the Courts to seize my car and that they have a warrant to do; so it is just easier if I give them what they want to get it over and done with" I ask them to provide the registration of the car they wish to seize; they refuse asking me to tell them which car is mine. I ask them for ID again they refuse and I state that "I think this little chat is done and it would be advisable for you to leave the property" and close my door behind me. Both men leave after 10 minutes. (Just quick note;I do not own a car and cannot drive)

July(Call 1): Someone called from “my bank, to authorise a payment (the exact amount of the alleged debt) to be paid out from my ";Debit or Credit Card; which ever one I had” to make a substantial payment to ";someone; I can’t confirm who until it leaves your account” When I asked which bank they were calling from they told me the wrong bank and provided me with bank details(which were not mine; yes they gave me bank details for someone;contacted the bank involved (luckily there is no account which exists for these details provided to me). Spoke to caller again who then hung up when I askedfor his name but did manage to get out of him he was based in India and wascalling on behalf of Debt Collector (refused to name collector).

July(Letter 1): Letter from Red threaten to send a debt collector to the door- Sent letter back stating not welcome to property and will be seen as trespassing and will contact police if they appear at my door without my consent.

July(Call 2 - Yesterday) I have had a phone call to resolve "long standing dispute" with me and they wished to offer me a settlement figure of£3,204+ VAT + Interest for every day I do not pay as "they can add any charge they like to my account". (Original Debt was £534.09) and that I was a long standing debtor who "needed to pay his bills" when asked for her personal details I was declined and was told that do not have to give her name and that "I was at fault and not her" and "if I paid what I owed;I would not be having this conversation in the first place" I asked then to be put through to a supervisor and was declined as I had no reasons to speak to anyone and "the only thing I would be doing today was pay what I owe".I swiftly ended the call.

(July:Call 3) Less than 20 minutes after the call I receive another call from“Charlie" (wouldn’t state company name) asking to speak to me” about a matter of great importance." "Charlie" tells me that he is aware I have debt issues and that Lowell Financial Group have passed my details to them to try and resolve the matter with an independent company". I asked what it is regarding and he goes on to tell me that” I have been refusing topay my bills" which according to” Charlie" is "not a good thing for a young man in my position"

"Charlie"then goes on to say that he would like to offer me a repayment plan only "£30 a week" which means that I would be debt free in a year or evenbetter if I took out a Debt Relief Order I could be debt free today." Iasked "Charlie" where he got his information from he replied "my co-worker told me.”

After asking“Charlie" where he was based in which he responded "Not in your country" he then claimed to be representing "Vodafone Collections Department and was a high ranking executive" with the power to "take me to court and seize all my possessions" if I did not pay.

I asked Charlie to confirm my details for me (he said he would not because I had to confirm them first; I refused" He also goes on to tell me that he has seen my Credit File and noticed that I had a number of Creditors and that Have a number of "Cards which have Credit Limits on them" and that” I should use them to pay my debt" "Charlie" then goes onto tell methat he has checked my address and he lives nearby and where do I know where(Place) is? I respond that I don't. "Charlie" is disappointed as"everyone knows where that is" but says that I should pay what I oweand where was my Credit Card for the first payment which had to be made today.

I tell Charlie that I am not paying anything as the debt is not mine and I asked for proof of any debts (according to "Charlie") it is "not his job to help me or prove anything; all he does is collect what's owed. I ask”Charlie" for his name

And am told again that his full name is "Mohammed" but is known as Charlieand hangs up the phone.

Call3: Today:

"Charlie"phones again this time at my work number telling me that our call got”disconnected" and he was sorry about yesterday. I tell Charlie that am atwork and his company have been told previously that he is not to call my work.I tell Charlie that I will invoice his company at the rate of £15.00 per minute amazingly Charlie agrees to the fee on behalf of his company and starts to talk about this "debt" I stop Charlie and tell him "all my phonecalls are recorded and will be sent to your head office with an invoice requesting payment as agreed by your self" Charlie hang-up the phone.

I just wish I got where he worked :)

Edited by ofah2012
editing as no spaces between words

Hi ofah2012,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

Your post raises some concerns which certainly need looking into and I'm really keen to do this in order to get to the bottom of things.

As such, could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Edited by citizenB

ofah, could I please reiterate Lee's request for you to email the link he has provided in post # 22 and when you receive the reference number from the automated reply, pop it in this thread so he can look into this situation for you.

He has indeed asked you to do this several times already.

Lee has a very good track record of sorting out consumer issues, if you would perhaps give him the opportunity to sort this one out, then it might go some way to helping other victims of Lowells.

I have highlighted the link in Lee's post in red so you cant miss it :)

BCOBS

Quite why a firm like Vodafone have anything to do with disreputable companies like Lowell is beyond me. The desire for a quick buck, by selling debts, I suppose, is the reason.

I too hope that OP gets back to Lee - but in a case like this where the DCA appears to be operating with complete disregard for the rules, I think it would be reasonable to give Vodafone a short time to resolve the issue before bringing a court action against Lowell for harassment.