Residents Parking/ Pay and display Parking ticket- HELP NEEDED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a parking ticket today whilst displaying a pay and display ticket.

I had drove along the road (Arley Hill, Cotham Bristol- new residents parking scheme set up nov 2012) looking for a space

and noticed a bay opposite the pay and display meter,

I parked, paid my money and merrily went on my way however

on returning to my car I noticed the dredded yellow ticket,

stating contravention 16 : parked in a permit space without displaying a valid permit.

I had mistakenly parked in the sole residents parking bays (between 9-5) instead of the dual use bays.

I hadnt seen the sign as it was a few metres up the road attached to the wall and the van infront had obscured my view.

By walking across the road to the pay and display meter I didnt have to walk past the sign.

Is this hard luck on my part or is their grounds for appeal?

any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

does the ticket say

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok just checking it is not a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So it's a bona-fide PCN, as it is titled "Penalty Charge Notice".

You can try appealing on the basis that it was a genuine error. Point out that you paid for a ticket and had no intention of trying to park for free, or of defrauding the system. Say it was a geniune mistake and please would they consider cancelling on this occasion, and next time you will make sure you check the bay markings thoroughly.

You have a chance.

Thanks for your swift replies, I was thinking of appealing on the basis it was a genuine mistake however wondered if there was some loop hole I could exploit as reading though the forum they seem as though they're tricky customers and will stick to their guns!

maybe their are some signage issues, but a sign that was blocked by a van wouldnt stick, maybe not enough or wrong type etc

i would appeal on the grounds that you genuinly made a mistake but you paid the correct parking fee, just parked in the wrong bay, maybe the council will be nice!

if you dont ask you dont get etc!! lol

The sign in question is actually attached to a wall which is approx 15 metres from where I had parked so looking down the road it's impossible to see however the sign opposite (pay and display and residents parking) is attached to a pole and was the only one clearly visible from where I had parked.

Hopefully they will see its a genuine mistake as I had atleast paid for what I thought was the correct bay (not holding my breath though!)