style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good evening

in jan i was issued with a local authority PCN which i have challenged as it should never have been issued.

I emailed my local authority with a photograph of the parking issue and recieved an auto reply saying my ticket would be put on hold pending investigation and i would receive a reply in 10 working days. 2 months later I have heard nothing else from the local authority.

Is there a statutory time period in which they need to reply to me ? On discussing this with a neighbour, they suggested that as local authority staffing levels have been slashed that perhaps quite simply they are unable to deal with the deluge of parking appeals.

:madgrin:

I don't think there is at this stage of the process, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I think it's more important that you speak to them and find out what the state of play is - importantly, whether they have issued a Notice to Owner, and who it has been sent to.

If the case is still on hold, then no problem, but if it has progressed without your knowledge then you need to sort the issue out - so I would advise giving them a call and asking where the appeal is at. Report back on here.

If the PCN was placed on the car they can take as long as they like to reply to any informal challenge, however they must issue a notice to owner within 6 months of the PCN if they wish to continue enforcing the PCN. If the challenge was to a Notice to owner or CCTV PCN they have 56 days from the day they get the challenge to reply.