Rascal v Barclays (Woolwich)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow well this has been going on for almost 2 years now - they are a bunch of incompetent a.bums. Under an SAR they have sent me about 20% of the information I am entitled to. I am now in the "decision making process" - they have until 8th March to deal with my complaint.

On 26th of Feb I had 4 missed calls from a blocked number - finally got round to answering on the 5th one to a guy from Barclays asking me all sorts of questions about my claim. I had stated on my form that I didnt need the insurance as I had other insurance policies, redundancy cover, critical illness cover AND savings of my own. They asked if I could provide proof of all this and given that it's going back to 1998-2000 no I actually cant.

I had more missed calls yesterday and I rung them today to find out if it was them - yes it was - another guy told me that they are requesting proof of my savings from 1998. How the heck?! - I haven't even got bank statements from 6 months ago let alone all that time ago. I do feel that they have behaved really badly - aside from witholding my information they have dragged their heels from start to finish.

My question is what if I can't prove where I had my savings etc. - basically my parents "gave" me £7k and kept it (in their names) in premium bonds - this was to prevent me spending into it - I withdrew it eventually and used it as the deposit on my first house. So technically although the money was mine it was never saved in my name.

Opinions please? - do you think they will still uphold the complaint? - I don't understand why I am being basically investigated (it feels that way) - I believe it's down to them to prove that it wasn't missold not the other way round. I've told them that I didn't need it, surely that should be enough?

Halifax - SUCCESS August 2006

Woolwich - SUCCESS January 2007

Nationwide... you're next...

I think you have proved to yourself why you shouldn't engage on the phone with them. They will try all sorts to wriggle out of your claim.

If it were me I would write to them and tell them that you have supplied all of the information regarding the mis-selling claim and that die to the lapse of time the records they have asked you for are no longer available. That is exactly the same wording they would use to get out of supplying SAR information so they can't complain at your taking that angle.

Also have a read of Appendix 1 of the FSA handbook (In the PPI Stickies) a you will find some more information on how a lender should deal with complaints and evidence from a claimant.

You can also tell them that continued attempts to frustrate your claim will result in a separate complaint to fos.

Hi yes sorry it is to do with that thread. It's so strange because I logged on to my internet bank yesterday evening which I rarely do anyway and they made two separate £500 deposits into my account I think they said PPI + interest. Thing is, I have had no paperwork or letters to say how much the claim was or what I was entitled to or what I had agreed to accept. I am complining about 4 separate loans all with ppi. I am absolutely baffled - grateful obviously of the £1k in my account but a) one loan I calculated I had paid AT LEAST £1400 and b) why the two payments when I am complaining about 4 accounts????? I called them up and they said a letter had been sent out requesting further information. These figures do seem very random and it's extremely unlikely given that the loans were for all different amounts over different lending periods that the sums would equal exactly the same? I currently bank with Barclays if that makes a difference? Are Barclays in the habit of trying to fob people off with "sweeteners"? I am probably wrongfully presuming that they are compensation amoutns and that the real sum is still to come? I am totally at a loss??????

I got through to Barclays again today who informed me that the 2 x £500 were gestures of goodwill as they have been unable to locate my loan agreements detailing any ppi. Even though they are able to send me a list of accounts, the monthly payment amount, the APR rate etc. - should I keep fighting??