style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 1st time user and I'd like some advice please. In Harveys Furniture Store (speke) on the 13/1/13 purchased two reclining couches from the Bel-Air range that were on a weekend offer for £1132. Paid £300 more then the required deposit to make it easy on the final payment. A couple of days later the same couches were reduced by 15%. Contacted store, who told me to ring their customer service line if they say yes then they will refund the difference. Tried ringing their customer service line but gave up after 40 Min's and put it down to experience. Imagine my surprise when 12 days later the same couches were reduced by a further £240. Went to the store in person spoke to a salesperson who again told me to ring their customer service line. Finally after 30 mins spoke to an advisor who told me i should be ringing the store. Made contact with the store manager who was not very sympathetic to my predicament. Told him if wasn't going to meet me half way at least on the matter then i would cancel the order. He then told me I'd loose the full £300 deposit.

Has anyone had the same thing happen?

thanks

I'm afraid that on the day you agreed the purchase and paid the deposit the contract was completed, the fact that the goods were reduced in price at a later date does not alter the fact. Without seeing the signed agreement, I would VERY MUCH DOUBT that you would have any entitlement to cancel and have your deposit refunded.

Sorry but you have a legally binding contract with Harveys and the only way they will consider meeting you half way is to kick up an almighty stink but I would not hod your breath they are a terrible company to deal with the only other way is to suggest mis-selling but the legal burden of proof is on you I am afraid. If they have lied and led you to believe the price you paid was the final reduction then this could be classed as illegal but you have to prove it, your sod against theirs. They rely on people just giving up.