Motor Insurance Claim Query

icantspel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Hope this is the right forum! Two weeks before I changed my motor insurance company I got a cheaper quote from who I was with and paid up front. Had an accident which the old insurance company sorted. Straight forward. Repairs took place as the new policy with the new company took over. My problem is with the old company who I am no longer a customer of. Basically My car was parked and someone drove into the front of it whilst it was unattended and drove off. Reported it to the police. Front end was bashed and a scratch down the side. When it was returned from the repairers they said the scratch repair was not authorised. After many calls to the insurance engineer they are saying it will need to be a second claim £350 excess! As the scratch was vandalism and not part of the accident I reported. I absilutely dispute this as the scratch wasn't there the day before! My argument is that had the front end accident not happened then neither would the scratch.

Any ideas where I might stand?

Thanks in advance.

Two separate incidents = two separate claims, with the relevant Insurers you had Insurance with at the time of each incident.

To be honest your post is not very clear. Perhaps your Insurers have not understood you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What I was trying to say was one accident the 'front end' and the scratch down the side. The insurance company, who I was with at the time of the accident, are saying that the scratch was not part of the accident. As far as I am concerned it is as the scratch wasn't there before the front end collision and had the front end collision not occured the scratch wouldn't have either.

Hope that's clearer?

Therein lies the problem. The scratch is down the passanger side of the vehicle half way up and from the front panel to the petrol tank door. This side was exposed to the traffic ie it wasn't kerb side. Also it was a very icy snowy day and the car that hit mine came down a hill! No one will know for sure what happened all I know is that before the accident no scratch after there was. It could have been scratched as the git drove off or picking his debris up - Who is to know?