Dispute with Sky

shell_542
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a Sky TV, Broadband and Telephone package with Sky in Oct last year.

When I took out the package, I asked the sales person whether I needed to contact BT to cancel anything and was told Sky would do everything and I didn't need to contact them for anything. I expressed my concern at having to pay twice if it isn't cancelled and the sales person reiterated I definitely didn't have to do anything.

Sky came in November and did something to the phone line, which activated my Sky Broadband and set up the router. I assumed that was the end of it. Then at the end of December I received a statement from BT showing I had been billed up to 31st December and setting out my bill for the next 3 months. I rang them and they advised that Sky didn't contact them, that the BT line was still running and I needed to take it up with Sky. The Sky customer service person I then rang on was very apologetic but also unhelpful and told me to go back to the salesperson and ask why he told me that :|

I cancelled BT but had to put 31 days notice in so was billed for one more month and the 2 months before I received the bill.

I wrote a letter of complaint to Sky who offered a £20 compensation but stated that it is the account holder's responsibility to cancel BT so they are not liable for any fault.

I replied and explained once again that I was given incorrect information by their sales person who told me categorically I did not have to contact BT at all with regards to my transfer to Sky.

Sky have replied once again refusing to take any responsibility, saying I should have checked my terms and conditions (which I do understand but why would I when I was told explicitly by their staff that I didn't need to do anything) but they increased the compensation to £35.

I am still over £15 out of pocket with the offer of £35 which I am very annoyed about as the whole point of me switching to Sky was to save money.

Should I accept the £35 or push this further? Where can I go next? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Has your telephone number changed or has it stayed the same?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

That what has caused the issue.

If you had an active line with BT sky should have done an active line taken over which means sky contacts bt etc.

BUT because the sales agent has put it through as a new line provide ( meaning a new number) sky then do not contact bt.

I would not accept anything less than what BT have charged you from you skytalk activation date,

time to send Mr Darroch an email. jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Darroch,

It is regret that I have to contact you direct regarding my concerns of being mis-sold my sky package.

When I was sold the sky package I was advised i did not need to contact BT to cancel my existing services for talk and broadband as sky would be doing this.

I then received a bill from BT for the sun of £xxx.xx for services after my skytalk activation date.

I contacted customer services who have offered part payment in resolution but I feel this is unacceptable due to your sales agent error.

Now I have been informed that Sky should have completed an active line takeover on my exisiting line and number in which you would arrange with BT the take over of the line. Your sales agent has ordered me a new line which was not required and therefore sky did not contact BT regarding the existent service.

I explicitly asked the sales agent several times if I need to contacted BT and was assured several times that I would not.

Therefore Sky should compensate me £xx.xx, which is the amount BT are seeking from the skytalk activation date until the BT cancellation date.

I also feel i should be compensated also for my time and frustration on having to deal with your sales agent misselling and also your customer services lack of acknowledgement of skys/ mistake,

I await your reply,

shell_542

sky account number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Telephone number: XXXXXXXXX

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

To update this thread:

When BT cancelled my line, they did it voluntarily from the earlier date with no notice being added, which they didn't have to do.

As a result I was only approx £35 out of pocket as a result of Sky's error so I accepted the £35 they had offered me.

I was told it would be credited to March's direct debit. I completely forgot and checked at the beginning of April and it hadn't been takn off.

I emailed to chase it up and it was too soon to credit it to April's direct debit so I have been "promised" it will be added to May's direct debit.

So we'll wait and see ...

Thanks again for the help on this thread.

Sky employ thousands of staff up and down the country and from first hand experience I know there training is terrible. I remember working for them as a temp, I got put on the phone and computer within 3 hours of being shown how to turn the thing on. Bloody joke