RBOS - About to give me an unfair default - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Having recently accessed my credit report I noticed I had 1 late payment for RBOS. When I contacted them I found out my student account which has overdraft had been passed to their collections department and is going to be noted as Default as I had not made payments into account since June. This is first I have heard about it. I moved house last March and wrote to my banks to advise but they say they never got my letter. I never get paper statements so didn't realise. I have also taken a year out of studying and informed the bank this was my intention. My balance was sitting within my overdraft limit and as far as I knew I was not due to make any payments. I have raised a complaint with RBOS but they are telling me they WILL be adding it as a default no matter what I do as they sent all letters to my old address and have followed procedure. Is there anything I can do? I am due to be debt and default free within 1 year but if this is added as a default I will be back at square 1. I'm trying to get mortgage. Help please?

Hi, this is not going to be easy, you cannot blame the bank if you moved without informing them, they have sent the documents to your last known address as required. Did you keepa copy of the letter sent advising of the move??

If you have other defaults in file now you should be aware that to obtain mortgage finance is more and more subjected to lenders looking at an absolute minimum of 3 years and often 5 years good ++ credit management, removal of default entries will only marginly improve the ''mythical'' credit score which is intended for your personal use to judge how you may be viewed by prospective lenders.

Apart from a letter of formal complaint to the bank there is little you can do.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have you got a copy of the letter you sent?

Have you got a copy of the letter you sent?

Have asked that BF no response so far.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi,

Yes I have a copy of the letter but it's just a photocopy. When I look at both Equifax and Credit expert reports they both show this account as "Up to date" and green for the last year. (I have 1 missed payment in December 2011) It was last updated on 14th January and they added "1 late payment" for January. I can't understand how it can have been defaulted in September 2012 but have no record of this on either of my credit reports. How is this possible? I thought credit reports were to help you keep an eye on your accounts and I thought they were updated every 4-6 weeks.

Sounds like it's been defaulted through lack of contact, formal complaint to the bank needed then they MUST investigate properly.