New benefit help

dizzymrsp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone simplify all this for me in a way that I will actually understand?

UNIVERSAL CREDIT:-

If i get Income Support (on grounds of being carer for my disabled son and daughter), I get child tax credits, and also housing benefit, will all the money be added up and just paid as one lump sum each week but to the same value?

BEDROOM TAX:-

If I am in a private rented accommodation, does this apply to me? Some people say yes and some keep telling me no, its for social housing only??

Also, not in my title, but a few questions.

CHILD SUPPORT:-

Will my CSA be affected?

DISABILITY ALLOWANCE:-

Am i right in thinking it is changing to PIPs for over 16s, and will remain as DLA for children?

CHILD BENEFIT:-

Any changes I should know?

CARERS ALLOWANCE:-

Any changes I should know?

Well:

Universal Credit

This will include IS, CTC, HB and will be paid (I believe) calendar monthly. Others here will know more.

Bedroom Tax

This only applies to social housing tenants. The rules concerning private tenants changed a few years ago and are somewhat similar, though not identical, to those being introduced for the social sector. You should not see a change here.

CSA

Will not be affected.

DLA

You are correct, PIP does not apply to those under 16

CB

No changes that are likely to affect you if you are on IS. The changes affect households on higher incomes.

CA

No changes that I know of, but maybe others will know more.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.