Various DCAs - Old Lloyds Overdraft

scarydays
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for this. Anyone had any dealings with them? I've no idea why they have contacted me. They say it relates to a Lloyds Current Account. I don't have a Lloyds current account - I don't bank with them.

• 1 year later...

Well sort of - its a different DCA. I did have a lloyds account many many moons ago, with an overdraft facility, with nothing owing on it, but I have not used it in years. I've checked my credit file, and the account is showing, but with a S for settled back in 2008. Not sure where this has come from and want to send a letter - but just don't know what letter to send them.

Ok I have merged the two threads so that the history is all in the one place.

I've also moved you to the Debt Collection forum.

Before sending a letter, can you say when this overdraft was formally called in and have you made any payments to it since that date?

Well I paid off any outstanding overdraft in 2008 when I opened a bank account with the Coop and moved my salary payment to there. I don't think I ever closed the account, but I have not received anything from them since - apart from this letter out of the blue from Marlin.

It may well be that there were still DD's set up, went out or attempted, which incurred the banks puerile charges, so could be the banks own charges they are trying to fool you into paying?

Does it say an amount?

I'd be very inclined to ignore them, if your credit file is clear, just lodge the usual complaints to the OFT&TS.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!