Problems with painter and decorator

Yam950
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have at the moment, a firm of painters and decorators in to do some work paid for by our insurance company. They were one of 4 that quoted for work and the insurance company told us it was acceptable to go with them.

They started work yesterday and to be honest its rubbish. We had brand new windows and door fitted 2 weeks agao and they have GLOSSED over the wood effect UPVC sills round the door! They have also splashed paint over a cast iron radiator we paid over £200 to have restored. The paintwork hasnt been prepped and there are lumps and bumps all over it. They also said they werent going to line the walls prior to papering. Since they stripped the walls its clear they need lining and the boss has told me if iwant it lining it will add an extra day and extra cost onto it. The quote says prepare walls and ceiling - does that not mean lining also??

The boss is on his way to see the door frame and the woodwork, but i could do with some quick advice as to where i stand. I certainly dont want the quote being more as i doubt the insurance company will pay it.

Edited by Yam950

you should contact your insurer and/or loss adjuster about the problems and advise them the firm should not be paid, as you are not happy with the result.

get them to come out and inspect the work themselves.

They normally inspect at the end or ask you if you are happy before paying anyway.

• Confused 1