Secured Welcome Loan - now being chased by Lowell Group

StandingStill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two different interest rates are the APR and what welcome use is the (AER) Annual Equivalent Rate

The AER simply takes into account the standard interest rate over a year and as interest paid at the end of a year would have compounded interest added onto that, it will usually be higher than the actual annual rate without compounding

In this way AER gives you a true picture of how much interest you are paying monthly

The lower the AER, the better it is for you

Welcome as a rule only use two interest rates if things like PPI have been added to the agreement

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, thanks. Well, I am wondering when/if this would be Statute Barred anyway?...

In the mean time I have drafted this letter:

I am in receipt of your letter 12th April the contents of which have been noted, including the provided enclosed copy “credit agreement”.

Upon inspection I consider the account to still be in dispute.

I do not recognise the format or content of the alleged agreement, nor can I reconcile the figures therein. I have no recollection of this account nor agreement.

Furthermore, and most alarmingly I have concerns over the validity of the signature/s.

No surpries in that

Write to Lowell by recorded delivery, ask for a statement of account

Tell them that as they are now the creditor, they take on all the rights and duties of the creditor

Request a full welcome finance annual statement, not a Lowell statement

Request it under the Consumer Credit Directive (CCD)

That will wake them up a bit

Edited by squaddie

look on noddle

they usually show payment history

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

usually they don't

how long ago were these events?

if outside if 6yrs they poss wont show....

I know it prying as such

but can you redact the file from the cra that has the debt and post it up?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i am not sure but i think the credit agencies only keep historical payment history for a certain amount of time, and payments that fall outside say five years will no longer be included, as long as the account is live

i gave five years as an example and i am only guessing

The CRA info doesnt seem to match the Credit Agreement.... Suggests a Sept 2008 start rather than a 2007 one

My thoughts are that due to the useless admin at Welcome reports were only started when a problem occurred, the reporting is just updates showing the status is unchanged until Aug 2012 when the debt was passed on.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig, I have sent an agreement disputed letter I will see what happens from here. I wonder in your experience how do you see this one panning out?

After reading several other threads on here I am wondering about the legality of the acceptance fee on this agreement?

Apparently according the the CA:

"interest will be calculated at the rate of interest on the daily balance outstanding of the total amount of credit and the acceptance fee"

I may be mis-interpreting this but is it right to charge interest on an acceptance fee?

Edited by StandingStill

I myself have always suggested that welcome are unlawful in adopting the policy of charging interest on the acceptance fee.

My argument is that over a sixty month agreement for example, you have 59 payments of xyz, and one payment of xyx

That one payment should be the monthly payment plus the acceptance fee. That one payment is paid in the first or last contractual payment

I CONTEND THAT THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT AND TOTAL AMOUNT REPAYABLE IS THEN MISSTATED IF INTERST IS ALLOWED TO BE CHARGED ON THE ACCEPTANCE FEE.

I consider this charge to be a charge for credit and not subject to interest

That is just my educated opinion and it has never been tested in court as welcome, despite all their posturing, hardly ever took anyone to court when they were trading

Thanks Brig, I have sent an agreement disputed letter I will see what happens from here. I wonder in your experience how do you see this one panning out?

After reading several other threads on here I am wondering about the legality of the acceptance fee on this agreement?

Apparently according the the CA:

"interest will be calculated at the rate of interest on the daily balance outstanding of the total amount of credit and the acceptance fee"

I may be mis-interpreting this but is it right to charge interest on an acceptance fee?

No I think that is wrong.

Welcome paperwork was never great and as the business went down the pan it got steadily worse, badly trained staff and incompetent management so it's hard to judge an out come here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

did you get the sar back yet?

dx

and they

did you get the sar back yet?

dx

Hi Dx, no SAR back, they asked for alsorts of ID, which I am apprehensive to give them.

I wonder, I had Welcome Car Finance which was settled in early 2007 which had insurances etc, would that come up on a SAR and would I have anything I could claim back?

yes and yes if you are lucky.

sign the sar request

send a copy of your ctax or util bill

and details of any relevant previous addresses.

they are entitled to ask for those

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the posts over the lifetime of this thread.

Im pleased to report back that this account has been closed. Welcome were unable to provide all information as obliged and could not therefore verify the legitimacy of the Credit Agreement provided.

Therefore it has been closed. Moral here: Never give up

is the cra file clear too?

great result!

and they