Untaxed vehicle clamped after hours.

asherone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there need some advice desperately,

I have a vehicle which the tax disc has been expired and no mot.

The vehicle was clamped late last night friday evening.

Notices have been left with usual information, CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO REMOVE.

They also give a contact number to call if you want it removed and amounts to pay for 24 hours and more,

the problem is they closed over the weekend and state on the page if clamped outside of office hours please contact the pound.

Well the number given for the pound is the same for office hours between monday to friday.

So whats the use of that its the weekend and I could now go and have it mot and do my taxed, but can't get them to remove clamp.

I feel that they do this late on fridays after hours as they know they closed the weekend to get more cash.

I feel like removing it myself and taking the car to have an mot and get it taxed.

Any help would be appreciated should I go ahead and remove it and what would the consequences be of that,

or leave it and pay extra to the clampers and take off work monday and loose pay to sort it out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you taxed it when the tax ran out you would not have this problem

you were going to mot and tax it today but because they have clamped it you cant:faint:

you will have lots of fines to pay now more than the tax would of cost you

sounds like you need to have a check of the insurance otherwise your mess will be worse

removing the clamp is not really a option

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Getting tax & MOT now after the offence has been commited will not mitagate the offence in any way.

CAG would not advise removal of the clamp, so I suggest that you google the penalties for removal and

make your own decision.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

where was the vehicle parked

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies, I am bad with keeping on top of these things its not my strong point. I dont use the vehicle often only on weekends if need be. I think im just peed off as they clamp it late on a friday evening knowing they closed for the weekend, and give you useless information as

IF CLAMPED OUTSIDE OF OFFICE HOURS PLEASE CONTACT POUND.

whats the use of that when its the same number for when they are open. theres no out of hours number.

If it's been clamped by or on behalf of the DVLA, it would be a specific offence to remove the clamp PLUS the offences mentioned by Conniff.

As previously pointed out, to keep a car on the road, it MUST be taxed/MOT'd/insured. You say you 'could' get it MOT'd yesterday... so had you got it booked in at a testing station? If not, I very much doubt you could of got it MOT'd yesterday.

I'm afraid there isn't much advice we can give you. The rules about car tax/MOT's is pretty much well known and there are practically no excuses now for beaching them. Problem you do have is that if you do not act soon to sort this out, the next step would be to impound the car and possibly crush it.