Payment of Fine and outstanding correspondence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are these separate in the eyes of the Local Authority ?

In requesting a response from the local authority over a PCN, I am up against a time limit where they could shortly go for a charge certificate, and my suspicion is then issue an execution of warrant immediately afterwards.

I have requested detail over the original PCN twice without a response that covers the actual circumstances, the LA have simply replied that I have contravened something on their long list of regulations and must pay.

Obviously I would like to hold out until they do provide an answer that relates to a line including a mitigating circumstance, but the charge certificate will add another 50% to the money they claim I owe them.

A charging certificate appears to have no financial risk to the LA, but can they legally terminate any future communication based on the issuing of one ?

You have 28 days to get your appeal in, from the date of the Notice to Owner. If you want extra info, that's a separate matter. You must appeal in time, or forfeit the right.

Out of interest, what is it that you need to know, and can't find out?