Barclaycard issues reconstituted agreement , with demand for payment

intree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BARCLACARD HAVE NOW ASSIGNED 3 CREDIT CARDS TO ONE DEBT WITH A TOTAL VALUE OF 7K TO MARLIN CAPITAL UK, they have now demanded payment forthwith by indicating that the agreement has now been provided, (reconstituted) for a 3 credit cards for which they never were able to supply a agreement in the last 5 years. cards are from 1987, 1999 and 1998

DO I now write to Marlin or wait for them to commence court proceedings which they have threatened in 7 days?

Thank you

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a big problem with this, for these dates Barclaycard didn't use a CCA, just application forms with tick box to say you agree with CCA 1974.

So big question, how can you reconstitute an agreement that never existed in the first place ?

Hi Intree,

I too have received a letter from BC today, assigning a debt to Marlins.

I've not had any dealings in the past with Marlins so can't comment on their tactics but I am sure there will be other Caggers that can assist if required.

The problem I have is that I don't know the reference that they are quoting so I will have to send a CCA request back to see what they produce, that will take some time though as BC are renowned for not sending anything!

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclaycard/Mercers - Doorstep Collection Threat