Best way to stop carers allowance.

marco_70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

My wife has been part carer for her elderly father who has severe MS for the past year. It is mainly to give her mother some respite, help around the house and always be there driver as they don't drive and can't get shopping or do doctors trips etc.

She has been making sure she does 35hrs a week whilst also looking after our two kids while I work long hours often away from home.

The issue is she is beginning to struggle to maintain the 35 hrs a week and although she will continue to help out when she can she wants to reduce the hours to below 35.

We realise this will mean stopping the carers allowance and are happy to do so. We just want to know when is the best time to do this to avoid being overpaid etc. Also what is the best number to ring. We are currently paid it every 4 weeks.

This is the only benefit we receive as we lost CHB recently due to my wage, unfair indeed but hey ho.

Thanks,

Mark

I always thought that if the household income was over a certain level carer's allowance was not payable. My wife was my care,r but because she was earning £200 plus a week, although entitled to carer's allowance was not in payment.