Job centre making my health worse

aw248
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was on support group in November 2011 i was transferred to (wrag)

i appealed the decision and my tribunal hearing is in late January 2013

i am very worried as i think i have not presented my case well i suffer from depression, diabetes, high blood pressure and neck pain etc. December 2012

i had a letter from job centre plus my benefits had stopped because its been payed 365 days i phoned job centre plus they have sent me another form (esa3) i posted back by special delivery,

i phoned job centre plus a week later just to check if they have received the form job centre plus said they haven't received any forms from me a couple of days later i phoned them again still the same answer

i got in touch with royal mail regarding my special delivery, royal mail confirmed that they delivered this item end of December 2012 royal mail also sent me an email with the signature of the person that received my letter also the date it was received yet job centre plus still saying they haven't received the form

please advise me what i should do. My health is worsening all the time i have no money coming in, i have been to (cab) regarding my tribunal case (cab) booked an appointment with welfare right adviser, the adviser was no help at all.

I am left on my own to defend myself i don't know what to do now.

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Book an urgent appointment with the disabilities advisor at your nearest JCP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i had something similar myself , i was told that documents go to a seperate office and takes time to get to where there supposed to be , they "found" mine after 2 and half weeks ! , my advice is honestly just keep ringing and they will "find" it

Many thanks to everyone for their reply's.

I just worked out its been 10 working days since (JCP) received my form.

I phoned (JCP) last Thursday I did ask the person I spoke to if I should wait another week to show on their system, she said "no its been a long time I think you should fill in another one"

I asked her to send me another form, I'm waiting for that to come through.

I will ring them again on Monday to see what's happening, yes I think you are right it could take a bit of time to appear on their system.

Could someone please advise me on my tribunal case, I have no representatives.

I have an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday I will be asking him for my medical reports.

Any advice appreciated.

I have been reading these forums for a year now, first time I've had the courage to post a thread.

Regarding the JSA3, if you live alone and have no income or capital then you should be awarded income based ESA. Post can take two weeks or more to get to the processor and be entered on to the system.

Regarding the appeal, the first step is to phone to request a copy of your ATOS assessment, have you done this? (it will be with your appeal pack if you've received this)

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

please don't worry too much, I had my tribunal after months of waiting. my representative let me down just weeks before, I had no choice but to go without one. My daughter came with me for moral support, and I took with me all my letters of support from doctor, phsychiatrist and cpn. I was in such a state of anxiety, they were such lovely people, it took them just minutes to decide in my favour, and I was told I could go. I really think if you have your evidence, letters etc from doctors, then that is the best you can do. Someone with you, even just for moral support can help a bit, and shows them that you needed that to get there.

estellyn thank you for your reply.

I wasn't sent to atos assessment, everything was done on paperwork and put me on (wrag)

Now i have received after 13 months to complete the atos form and may go for assessment which i have about a week to complete the form and send in, this is just the review after 12 months i think.

I'm married with 2 children i get child benefit, child tax and very little saving which is drying up fast.

Child tax credit may have also stopped i will know next Friday.

If anyone has legal experience could you please advise me how to write a letter to the tribunal explaining my health problems i think i may not be able to explain everything on the day of my hearing,

previously my GP has backed me with my appeal.

But (dowp) ignored my gp's request.

You would appreciate someone in my situation it is difficult to defend themselves.

I take over 15 doses of medicine daily.

Please help if you can.

fightingback99 Thank you for your reply I read the sticky post still don't know where to start, I have a 15 year old son typing messages for me I will lie down for half an hour and see if my brain functions a bit better.

Ruby_Tuesday Thank you for your reply it's very encouraging, only evidence I'm hoping I'll have is the doctors letter and the medicine I take.

The doctor I'm seeing he comes to the surgery once a week, he's very difficult to get a hold of, I have left a letter in the reception 2 weeks ago asking for my medical report I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday, I will also ask him on the day if he has done the medical report for me. I only have my son to come with me to the tribunal he is 15 years old, will they allow him to come inside with me? I'm worried about him missing school even though his exams will be finished a day before the tribunal, will school give him time off to come to the tribunal? was your daughter over 16 when she went with you? One more question, is it advisable to take all the medicine with me to the tribunal and put them on the table on the day? Many thanks.

If anybody can give me further advice please do so I'm waiting for your replies, thank you in advance.

I don't think your sons age will matter, as hes not a young child, many his age and younger are carers for parents. I took all my letters ( even one that my daughter had wrote telling how I was at home and to live with ) of course they had all these originals beforehand, I took my copies, I took my medication, and I was a mess of nerves and anxiety, my poor daughter just held my hand, the receptionist got me some water and we sat and waited. my daughter was older than your son is but am sure he understands you as much as she did/does me. I didn't get as far as the tribunal room, a nice young man came out and said they would call me in soon, he apparently had a good look at the state I was in (I truly don't remember this at all but my daughter does and told me afterwards) we waited about 10 minutes then he came back out and said they had considered the evidence supplied and found in my favour, and I could go and a letter would be sent out within a few days. I got the letter 2 days later. They are not the dwp or atos, they are independent, there were 3 people there who decided, a doctor a lawyer and I cant recall what the other one's profession was. Nobody from the dwp turned up at all. 15 mins and I was in and out and it was over, it took me much longer to adjust to not worrying about it lol. If the doctor hasn't done your letter remind him and ring every day to see if its ready, I did this, very nicely of course.

just another thought....I wrote a list of my symptoms, and discussed them all with my GP, I then left him the list to keep (having a copy for myself) he said it helped him and had it scanned onto my records. Just in case he forgot some of what I had told him and if the dwp write, its so important he gets it all.

Ruby_Tuesday Thank you for your information it's very useful.

I have mentioned some of my symptoms to my GP for the illness he's treating me for.

I couldn't write everything because it would've been a very long letter, just hope he checks my record thoroughly. I hope he does me a letter before the date of the hearing.

Atos assessment have sent me a form to fill in it looks like I'm starting all over again regardless winning or losing the case in tribunal, looks like a very unhappy life for people like me that are ill.

Once again many thanks for your help and support.

Just to update regarding (JCP) not receiving my form, i phoned (JCP) today and they have told me they have received my form and it's been processed and money should be in the bank in a couple of days.

I think it takes a couple of weeks for the records to appear on their system, because of the work load. My advice will be if anyone has sent any sort of documents by post don't panic like me, give them a bit of time and they will sort it out.

Now i can concentrate on my tribunal hearing.

If anyone can give me more advice please do so, many thanks in advance.

Hello,

My tribunal hearing is on Friday, never been to court in my life, very worried.

Still waiting for the doctors letter, going to find out later what's happening.

Any more advice will be appreciated.

please take someone with you, even just for support. I understand that all questions will be directed at you, but having someone with you will help. take all the information that you have, ring the doctors and tell them this is urgent you MUST have this letter for Friday and tell them why. I took all my medication and copies of everything I had sent to the tribunal previously, and my daughter was with me. The found in my favour within no time at all, I already said this so wont go over the same thing. The tribunal is more casual than a court, they are there to listen fairly, they are not the dwp. you can only do your best in explaining how you are affected every day by your illness. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply Ruby_Tuesday. I finally got the letter today from my GP, its not the best as i was hoping but it's something that may help me. His secretary typed the letter and missed a few things which the doctor recorded in-front of me, there's no mention of blood pressure I take three tablets daily. She put down depression assessment scores 19/27 which shows a moderate depression which is continuing, is this enough points?

One more question, will the tribunal keep all my original documents? because I want to send this GP letter to atos assessment with the form I have to send next week.

I am taking my 15 year old son with me to the tribunal, all the medicine and the GP's letter that's all the defense I have.

Your prescription will prove the tablets you take and, ergo, your high blood pressure.

Any original documents should be returned to you. I always send copies unless specifically asked for originals. I just scan them into my pc and print out as and when required.

Try not to worry - easier said then done. The Tribunal really are there to try and help you. They will look at the ESA50, the ATOSH report and your medical evidence and go through them with you. They will be looking to score you as many points as the law permits.

Best wishes.

Just as an aside, on the high blood pressure front. If you're taking Amlodipine tablets, do keep an eye on them. I had to come off them recently as they kept making my feet and ankles swell to the size of a small elephant's.

estellyn thank you for your reply.

I wasn't sent to atos assessment, everything was done on paperwork and put me on (wrag)

Now i have received after 13 months to complete the atos form and may go for assessment which i have about a week to complete the form and send in, this is just the review after 12 months i think.

I'm married with 2 children i get child benefit, child tax and very little saving which is drying up fast.

Child tax credit may have also stopped i will know next Friday.

If anyone has legal experience could you please advise me how to write a letter to the tribunal explaining my health problems i think i may not be able to explain everything on the day of my hearing,

previously my GP has backed me with my appeal.

But (dowp) ignored my gp's request.

You would appreciate someone in my situation it is difficult to defend themselves.

I take over 15 doses of medicine daily.

Please help if you can.

Yes they do ignore GP's request in the end of the day it's how you answer the questions atos ask when you have your medical. It's not about your health problems it is how your health affect you if you were in a job that's what you have to answer.

Thank you for your reply Ruby_Tuesday. I finally got the letter today from my GP, its not the best as i was hoping but it's something that may help me. His secretary typed the letter and missed a few things which the doctor recorded in-front of me, there's no mention of blood pressure I take three tablets daily. She put down depression assessment scores 19/27 which shows a moderate depression which is continuing, is this enough points?

One more question, will the tribunal keep all my original documents? because I want to send this GP letter to atos assessment with the form I have to send next week.

I am taking my 15 year old son with me to the tribunal, all the medicine and the GP's letter that's all the defense I have.

About your blood pressure that will mean nothing to atos many people work and have high blood pressure and depression some quiet severe you need to explain why you cannot work if you are suffering from depression it's when you are depress how do you manage with your day to day living. for example when you get up how do you feel, if someone tell you to go out and get something from the shop will you be able to come back with the proper item or can you go to the shop on your own without being anxious. My friend suffers from depression also I went with her for her medical she passed straight away no doctor letters was needed I myself pass my medical out right it's how you answer your questions that is all.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread.

I just come back from the tribunal, i won the appeal.

I have one question, my tribunal letter says 'The tribunal recommends that the department does not reassess the appellant within 24 months'

I have received forms from atos assessment to reach them by the 4th of February, can someone please advise me if i need to fill the forms and send to atos?

This happened to me also aw248 and I rang dwp, and then followed that call up with a copy of the tribunal letter and asking them about the atos letter I had just received. In my case the dwp told me to ignore the atos letter. Best to ring for yourself though and not assume, the last thing you need is mis- understandings now.

WELL DONE

Ruby, thanks I phoned 0845 6003115 the gentleman I spoke to wasn't too sure what answer to give, he advised me to complete the form and send it in, also he told me I can speak to CAB.

I don't really want to complete the form and send it in, if i don't have to.