Car clamper has to pay out millions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A CONMAN car clamper has been ordered to pay back almost £3MILLION to his victims – or face ten years behind bars.

Already-jailed Steven Ryan was yesterday given just six months to pay back the illicit fortune after it was found he pocketed a total of £2,837,349 from his business Car Clamping Securities.

He was initially sent down for two-and-a-half years in February 2011 for conspiracy to defraud and controlling an article for fraud.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4735089/Conman-car-clamper-is-ordered-to-pay-his-victims-3m.html

Oh dear - how sad.

The Daily Mail had a nice spread on this, the Proceeds of Crime Act confiscation order refers to assets he couldnt explain. I bet that his tax returns said his earings were about £400. If you look at the Companies House records of most of these companies they all exist on a shoestring so it beats me how they can afford to send out all these begging letters. Have they thought about busking with a dog on a bit of string as an honest alternative?

The court look dimly upon those that fleece people through confiscation of goods and intimidation. Some believe that this is so as a policy to protect the courts' monopoly on such things, personally I could not comment on that. But clearly doing business the same way the courts do is bad for you.