Nationwide messing about with direct debits

AnnoyedByDCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last Sunday I transferred money into my Flexaccount to make sure there was enough there to cover a direct debit. Despite the cash being available for me to withdraw from an ATM had I wanted to they somehow decided that there was insufficient money there for the DD and bounced it, incurring a fee from my credit card provider. They also bounced a later DD from Paypal, which was kind of my fault since I accidentally selected the wrong payment method when I was paying for something.

I was wondering if I can use the BCOBS and Unfair Treatment rules to get them to wipe out both impending charges and have them pay the credit card fee for the bounced payment.

In this day & age it seems quite ridiculous that they can apparently change the apparent deposit date of electronic transfers and charge me for bouncing DDs there were actually sufficient funds to cover.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update on this situation :-

After several phone calls and secure messages through online banking during which I explained their obligations under BCOBS Nationwide returned £75 in bogus charges, the last of which I didn't even have to ask for. Despite telling me by phone that they wouldn't be refunding any more charges they messed up with credit/debit order yet again and refunded the charge almost immediately without my involvement :)

It's still ridiculous that you should have to insist that your bank fulfil their obligations before they do it as a matter of course.