Jacamo ignores distance selling regulations

rughead121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers,

Just a quick question.

Can a mail order company ignore the provision of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 just because they have hidden in their T & C's that they can?

I thought the right to a refund including delivery charges for goods was absolute

Rughead121

Easy as 3.14159265358979323846

yep I know about the return postage.

My issue is there is a charge on the account saying 'next day delivery' I think this should be refunded as I cancelled under the DSR

Rughead121

if that is an extra over charge for next day as opposed to normal delivery, then that could be true.

the extra would have to be paid by you, ssems fair if you requsted it, if not then you should get it back.

Mmm Not really sure what you are saying here. Delivery is next day as standard-there is no other choice.

Ok the full story is I ordered a shirt it said next day delivery guaranteed. After 3 days I cancelled the order under the distance selling regulations as they had not yet dispatched it.

so not only did they ignore my written request to cancel they then dispatched the item 2 days later, in total 5 days after it was ordered.

Now it may seem trivial but why should I be done over by a big company just because they can't be bothered to comply with the law

Rughead121

now clear that there was only one type of delivery, then yes you are entitled to all your money back, including postage by them.

write or email pointing this out, and their terms cannot overide the regulations.

if they still wont, dont use them again or take them to court!!

you could report it to trading standards/consumer direct, who may take it up with them.