style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What shows up on these please? Regular or enhanced. A friend of mine has a breach of the peace on her record and she was bound over in Court to keep the peace. Shes now looking to get a new job but isn't sure if this will count against her? It happened in December 2010

Cool, thank you. Will it likely affect her job application? She isn't sure what she wants to do yet but am guessing it would have an affect if she wanted to work with children for example? Also does it drop off after a period of time or is it there for life?

As you say it will depend on the type of work she wants to do if the prospective employer requires a CRB check it's always best to come clean on application.

Bof P is relatively minor.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Ros

Just to add to the helpful advice already given, a standard CRB will not include anything spent, but an enhanced one will. An enhanced CRB also contains details of anything the police would like to add (like if you are under suspicion of something) and this naughty information is only included on the employers copy, not yours. Unless your friend is working with children or vulnerable adults, the employer has a duty to disregard anything 'spent' so if the B of P was for 12 months, it should be disregarded. I'm afraid that employers don't always practice this though. Like Brigadier says, best to come clean as this gives you a chance to explain at the same time and employers tend to react more severely to you trying to hide something.

Thank you very much, I shall pass that on. One more question, does this incident stop her from ever working with children? Cos she doesn't deal with disappointment/rejection very well so it might be best to steer her into other job roles

It really depends on the employer to be honest Ros, there is no statutory ban, it is down to the discretion of the employer. The practice that larger organisations tend to take is that they will arrange an interview with HR for your friend to explain the details and they will then adjourn to consider whether there is a risk.The older that this conviction gets, the more chance of it being disregarded.

• Confused 1