HSBC are charging me £45 for direct debit OD's!! - what!!

UpsetandSkint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently checked my internet banking account and HSBC are charging me £45 for Direct Debit overdrawals. I certainly did not overdraw the money but it was unexpected. It's ridiculous that they are charging me just because I was about £25 over?

I am currently umemployed due to being a full time mother and on benefits (I am currently looking for a job). I cannot really afford to pay that £45 charge!

no just a recommendation

anyway you are on benefits

and they are levying unlawful charges under BCOBS thats a NONO

send them this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?353395-Letter-to-send-if-you-are-being-charged-bank-fees-whilst-on-benefits

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a cap on charges banks can make for things like this - I'm quite sure it's something like £12

I'm afraid that there is no cap. The cap is for credit card charges - not bank charges.

However I am surprised at this level of charge. Can you check it again please.

You should write to your bank - not on the phone - sending them a letter of appropriation

I can't use the phone anyway and I do not have one single credit card. It is definitely £45 they are charging me for between 26th November and 26th December. All because of Direct Debits. If this does not get resolved, I will be hauling my ass to Citizen's Advice Bureau. I just moved houses as well and already struggling to pay the bills, get food in (even tho my parents are great with this) and on top of it, pay direct debit i.e tv license, virgin media and mobile phone (need mobile phone to text)

send the letter from the link it post 3

it has worked before

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I did go to the bank and asked for the charges to be removed.Sadly they refused even though I told them I am on benefits. They have took the charges and I have emailed them with a letter and the links you have given me (copied and pasted what was typed)

Edited by UpsetandSkint2

Lloyds used to charge me something ridiculous like £30 for that amount that was a good few years back.

They recently charged me £10 for the DD being bounced back (they said if we "lent" you the extra amount the charges would have been more. However, it would have been £12 borrowed so dont know if they would have been more or not!)

£45 is asbolutely insane "the world's local bank" yeh right!

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

I dont know what its charges must be abroad. Probably charges you for using a UK card abroad?!

Won't ever experience that, never go back to them. Tsb all the way for me!

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

£15 per overdraws from Direct Debit. So that makes it a total of 3. They have asked me to go in tomorrow...HOW?! They flippin' took £45 off me which could have been meant for food! I have zero, zilch, nada in my bank account! Cheeky fks!

I do not drive, cars are too expensive. Don't have a license anyways. Buses for me are not cheap. £4.25 for a daytripper!

p'haps you are targetting the wrong people

goto the CEO

i can ASSURE YOU

the letters DO WORK

and they sit up and beg rather quickly.

dx

and they

Hiya. Some good news :-D They have refunded my charges back! I am so so so so happy!!!!!!

What did you submit/say? Did they give a reason?

If you got this in writing please do keep it, you might need it again. It is quite common with them. They will offer you something, then months later try to pull the plug like they did with me.