Equita + CTax. excessive fees? **WON - refunded both levy fees and ATR fee**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Were you told from the outset there was fee being charged for paying by card? Were you offered alternatives where no fee payment would be made? Was it Equita who said the above?

No, I wasn't informed about the fee at all. In fact, I only found out by chance when I checked online statement some days later.

The only other alternative I was offered was to pay by cash, which wasn't possible, as I wouldn't have that much cash laying about.

The quote that I had put was not said by Equita, it was from the Council themselves in response to a Final Review of the complaint. I think this was the last stage in their complaint procedure.

In a way, I think I might still go to the LGO, because I'm still not satisfied that the bailiff used was authorised to work for equita, although the council say they hired the bailiff on a self employed basis, their SLA does say that they can't/ won't sub-contract any work.

But again, even though the remainder of potential fee's to be refunded works out to about 40 odd quid, is it worth the hassle?

CookieRocks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the LGO have receive a lot of complaints concerning the same charge (credit card fee) they will NOT investigate the matter. The correct route is to make a Formal Complaint to the Chcief Executive of the local authority.