Child living abroad. Help

blokeandbird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I am looking for advice regarding my ex partners csa claim.

Basically my ex moved to south africa with my son 2 years ago. I only found out about this 6 months ago as I have not been in contact with my son. When I found out they had moved I notified csa and they said they would look into it. I left it a month and didn't hear anything so I cancelled my weekly payment to them as it was my understanding that I didn't have to pay if my son was not living in the uk. Now I keep getting phone calls and threatening letters from csa saying they are going to take me to court etc. I have phoned them several times and tried to explain it but they just say prove it. Apparently the problem may be occurring because she has not cancelled her child benefit claim. I have also contacted the benefits office and they said they will look into it but can't give me any information.

Please help. I don't know what to do next. Thanks.

With CSA you should never stop the payments allow them to do this. You also need to check if there are reciprocal CSA agreements between UK and South Africa.

However no matter where your son lives he is still your son and there is always the moral question of support for your child.

You should only stop paying the CSA when they tell you to stop otherwise you will find yourself in arrears.

How did you find out your ex has moved? I think you need to go to the CAB and get some advice on this