Account & Debt Recovery help please?

ssmmdd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to have a HSBC Account & Loan, I couldn't pay the loan as I lost my job & bank account went into the red, well over my OD limit.

They've now sent (is it 'DG Solicitors'?) against my arse, who send me letters every few days and find it fun to call me almost daily asking when I'm going to start paying it back and what will happen if I don't (all this court crap).

What I'm wondering is, can I still claim for charges off them? I'm currently about to hit NatWest with it, as at the moment my Account with them is ok. Can I 'Kill Two Birdbrain-Banks With One Stone?'

Cheers for the help, and great Forum!

ssmmdd.

ssmmdd. Yes, it's a strange nickname. No, I won't explain why I chose it. You'd laugh at me. :( You would...

NatWest: Bank Charges of £2,192 - WON! :D

HSBC: Trying to scare me (via Clarity Credit Management) into handing them over £2k on an old (6+ years) loan & Credit Card, they accepted SB, debating on if I should PPI Claim...

ssmmdd,

I'm going after each of the organisations that owe me money in turn, incase one of them decides to close my account.

I'm currently going after First Direct (see sig), when they've paid up and its all sorted, I'll go after Halifax for charges to my current account (now a cardcash account) and Visa. Halifax don't owe much much, maybe only £500ish, which is why I'm going after FD first.

Its up to you whether you do both claims at once though.

To answer your question, others in the same situation have been advised to write to the collections agency (solicitors/debt collectors etc) and tell them that the debt is in dispute.

This isn't an area I'm very familiar with myself (I'm still learning) so one of the experts will be along shortly.

Good luck, keep us posted.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Oh, I forgot to mention, you might want to consider telling them to stop calling you or you will report them for harrassment. Tell them to contact you by mail only.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Cool. Will do.

Cheers mate! :)

ssmmdd. Yes, it's a strange nickname. No, I won't explain why I chose it. You'd laugh at me. :( You would...

HSBC: Trying to scare me (via Clarity Credit Management) into handing them over £2k on an old (6+ years) loan & Credit Card, they accepted SB, debating on if I should PPI Claim...

On the question of harrassment, Keep a log of each time they phone - date tie etc and of who says what. Ask the person's name and say that you are keeping a log as you will be complaining to the police and tp the Law Society about harrassement. Don't be rude or get into an argument. tell them that you are rcording the call.

Do this for every call. Refuse to get into any other conversation with them

On your calim, you can claim for the return of disproportionate penalties. Si get all of your statements, calcaulte what has been taken from you unlawfully and claim.

Have you read the FAQs and much of the forum material? I hope you have

I've read quite a lot of the Forum stuff, I guess I should have a better read on the FAQs.

Right, I'll ask HSBC for my Statements and DPA. Cheers! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks