£2700 Loan - £350 PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

A few years ago I was on incapacity benefit after a work accident, and was out of work for 3 years. During this period the kitchen was turning into a hazard and the bathroom upstairs had some problems that needed attention.

I went to my bank (Barclays for 20 years) to see if I can get some kind of a credit card / overdraft to pay for the bits I needed but instead I was offered a small loan of £2700. I took the loan not knowing, or ever being told anything about PPI.

I found out 2 months ago (two years after the loan was paid off) that the PPI had racked upto a good £350 on the last payment.

I was looking online for letter templates to send to the bank but to be honest, they are a little confusing and was wondering if I could grab some pointers on the correct way to format the letter.

Many thanks!

Grab yourself a copy of the fos consumer questionnaire from here and complete it.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

Have a read of No.1 in my signature and use the spreadsheets at the end to calculate how much should come back to you.

Send the completed questionnaire and a print of your completed spreadsheet to the lender with a brief covering letter requiring refund. Doesn't need to be a fancy letter because all of your reasoning will be in the questionnaire.

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final response so send the claim by recorded delivery if you can.