debt and bankrupcy help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are people who are more experienced than me on Mortgage shortfalls, but it's worth sending an SAR , Subject Access Request (Free under GDPR) to Halifax.  I bet there are unlawful fees and charges galore that you can claim back from Halifax.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dx100uk changed the title to morgage shortfall and 3 other debts were have been paying for years,

lots of threads merged.

I thought you were going BK?

why did you not seek further advice since 2013? here

we would have told you too have ignored everyone

all you have done by blindly paying all these debts is run the statute barred clock to infinity

which you are now realising 

I recommend people read the whole thread now from post 1 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to cabot and full and final on old barclays loan

Hi DX,

We actually did take advice and ignored the ones that had no paperwork .

We part settled many and only made arrangements with a couple ,

The house was sold not repossessed and there was a shortfall which Im sure we had to pay .

I have cancelled the payment to the other 2 as no longer on our credit file .

I did not want to face the shame of bankrupcy and felt it was our own fault for taking on too much debt and have worked hard to get back on our feet .

Not sure what you mean by statue barred the shortfall?

there is nothing else on file apart from showing closed account .

Can anyone give me info on my question please ?

I have read back the threads and did say I was doing all I could to avoid going bankrupt and have no regrets that we didnt go down that path .

We are based in Scotland and just need to know where I stand with Moorcroft and the shortfall .

Should it show anywhere on credit file ?

I also would like to add we do not intend having any debt as I think we learned the hard way!

but would just like to have it all cleared .

14 hours ago, karenr31 said:

Will we need to pay this for the rest of our lives or is there a time limit ?

Why have you not SAR'd Halifax yet?  It will take you half an hour. Without the information an SAR gives you, it's just you throwing money blindly down the drain, and resetting the statute barred clock, every single month.  Also in Scotland Mortgage Interest charges are statute barred after 5 years but for the Capital it's 20.  The SAR information you receive will show you the breakdown between Capital and Interest. There is also a chance that there are unlawful fees that you may be able to reclaim.

If you would have stopped paying in 2013 there is a good chance a large chunk of the debt would be unenforceable by now. 

Personally, I would stop paying them and ignore their letters.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for the reply . I will sar the Halifax and then post up details as see where I stand .I am a bit frightened to stop paying the shortfall incase they start court action .I have cancelled the other payments to credit cards that have been sold on as no longer on my file .Thanks

Good, an SAR is knowledge.  Knowledge is your power here.

• Like 1