New Hastings customer-shocking fee!

ladydriver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have just recently taken out an insurance policy with Hastings and, for reasons unknown, my first direct debit payment has (according to hastings) been cancelled. I have never seen the instruction on my account, and had not thought any more of it, until I received a letter from Hastings yesterday informing me of a missing payment; the letter stated that I had until 4/1 to pay £40+.

I have just called to resolve the problem and been told that I had to pay the £40+ PLUS a £20 fee. I was shocked at the cost and was just told "well, do you want to or not?"

How can that be right? A £20 fee!?

I wish I had researched this company on here before taking out insurance with them-if anyone has any advice on these charges I'd be grateful.

Thank you

Hi Ladydriver, Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the charges applied for missed direct debit payments. I would be happy to look into this situation for you and try to help you resolve this matter, if you could send me some details about your policy I would be happy to investigate. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie