Littlewoods refund

Yam950
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, hope you are all wellI need some help with a little problem

I bought a suite from Littlewoods last October - it was delivered just before Christmas 2011.

Over the year this suite fell apart and was clearly not good quality so I wrote to Littlewoods.

They sent a chap out who agreed the sofa and chair were sub standard and that i would be hearing soon.

To cut a long story short, collection was aranged for 5th december - which came and went and no sign of Yodel.

My son took a day off work to wait in as i could not.Turns out their van had broken down - couldnt they have phoned me??

They said they would collect the following week.

This wasnt acceptable as none of us could get anymore time off work.

It then transpires that they were only going to collect the chair..they had no record of the sofa.

So many phone calls to them and littlewoods later and i manage to get it sorted so that both would be collected.

I was also told that I would get a refund as soon as they were received at the depot.

The refund was over £1000 and I told them i needed the items collecting on the saturday as i needed the money to go and try and buy something new before xmas. I was told this wasnt possible but someone wouldbe in touch...yeah okS

So Saturday the 8th December came - and at 10am 2 men from Yodel turned up to colelct the suite - fab.

What ensued the following week was a nightmare. Constant phone calls from Yodel trying to arrange collection, despite me telling them they already had it and i had a returns slip as proof!

I left it until the wednesday 19th as I expected my refund by then - nothing

I called Littlewoods who told me i would have to WAIT for it to be inspected before they would issue me with a refund. It HAD been inspected in my home already and the bloke had taken photos! But that didnt matter

I explained i needed my money back as we were sitting on the floor, i was told i could get a refund to my card - I had paid my account off in full last year so owed nothing. That didnt seem to matter either.

Anyway - On monday 28th I noticed that they had refunded the money back to my littlewoods account. I called, but they were busy so i emailed and asked for my refund.

I received an email saying a cheque had been requested on that day. Cant say i was happy about it as i would have preferred it to my card,but to them be told it could take FOURTEEN DAYS??

I didnt query this at the time as i was under the weather and in all honesty did not want the stress, and thought the cheque may arrive today at the latest if it was requested on 28th.

I called today as i STILL have not go my refund. I was told by the chap that he could not see how it was refunded and went off to see if he could find out. He said it was requested on the 28th. When i asked if it was sent he said he didnt know. I am furious. I told him i wasnt happy and that we were now in our 4th week of sitting on the floor after enduring it all through the holidays, and could he tell me when i would get it as we need to buy another one now. He told me I had to wait 14 days for a cheque and 10 days for a refund to my card!I have never heard of any refund taking this long so i dont understand.Again i told him this and he went off again - to tell me it was actually sent by cheque on 28th (although im not convinced as i think he might have just been telling me that because i was annoyed) and to allow 14 days. By then i will also have to allow 5 days for it to clear.Is there anything i can do to hurry this up? I just want my refund and to be waiting 4 weeks now after i returned the items is a bit much. We desperately need something proper to sit on now! Thanks

Edited by Yam950

Write to them giving them 7 days notice to refund otherwise you will take them to court to recover your monies and interest at 8% plus your costs for telephone calls, litigation costs overdraft, etc. send by RD. Tell them that you will hire furniture until the date of the court hearing and that cost will be added.

Thanks ericsbrother. I have emailed them again tongiht to be told if i dont get it by saturday let them know....but they dont say what they are going to do! Looks like i will have to wait till saturday. Im really not happy but theres nothign else i can do other than wait i guess.