barclaycard debt sold to Lowell - chasing BC debt

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of Twaddle, it is of no consequence that the debt has been sold to Lowell, what has been provided by Lowell and Barclays is woefully deficient for a SAR.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Tut tut sharklays, maybe they need reminding of their legal responsibilities, inform them that you will be raising a complaint with HMRC due to their failure to keep documents for the required six year period, this is because of the money laundering regs, guarantee they will back peddle very quickly.

Besides if they have flogged it, then I certainly wouldn't entertain paying lowlifes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes I know, I was just advising saying that it could be used as a threat to sharklays to get them to sit up and take responsibility.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

time to contact the Executive Office and Ashok Vaswani – Chief Executive Officer of Retail and Business Banking regarding your complaint.

We are very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction, as the provision of a high level of service is very important to Barclaycard. Your correspondence is being dealt with by this office on behalf of Ashok Vaswani and we aim to resolve matters by 4 March 2013.

We want to reassure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible, and will investigate all aspects fully. Should you have any immediate queries, please contact us on the telephone number above and we will be happy to assist you. Alternatively, should you decide to provide us with a valid contact telephone number, we can attempt to speak with you further about your concerns.

Please visit http://bit.ly/hoQ9DWfor further information on how we deal with complaints.

Thank you for again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Kirk Harrison

Executive Support

Barclaycard Executive Office

Phone

Grrrrrrr

Just got this:

Following the final response letter we sent yada yada I am sorry you have had to contact is again regarding your complaint.

I can confirm that after an extensive search we cannot trace a subject access request from you, therefore a request has not been auctioned in 2012 by us( then how come I h e proof of postage, copy of the signiture, receipt for postal order, photocopy of the postal order, returned sar from Barclays with a letter stating"can't locate an account"?)

However, in light of your complaint, I have for goodwill waived the £10 fee we require for a subject access request (how kind), and submitted a request to the data protection team on your behalf(mmm can they do that?). Any records we are able to locate in respect of your account ending yada will be sent to you under separate cover. Please allow up to 10 working days to receive them.

Subject access request raised with us

In your email yada yada you referred to a subject access request was lodged, you supplied limited statements( ba grammar barclays and why would I provide them with limited statements, which I didn't)as advised above , ican confirm after an extensive search yada yada repeatin themselves yada yada.

If however you are able to provide proof of a previous request sent to us, and an acknowledgement by us of actions taken , we will review this for you.

Yada yada yada

Lowells who now own the debt which was on yor account, did recieve correspondence from you in2012. In response they have sent you copy statements and a copy of your agreement. (No they didn't)

I can confirm we have responded to requests for copy documents, which we have recieved from lowells in line with the requests made directly to us (what?!?)

Yada yada I would like to clarify, that the debt you had with us was sold to lowells in June 2011(then why have they marked my file in 2010?). From 2009 until this time your account was placed with three debt collection agencies (oft breach?). The agencies undertook recovery action in our behalf, however durin this period your account was still with us.

Yada yada

As previously advised we are aware that you have raised a complaint with lowells lad, which we understand they are currently reviewing for you.

Contact dear ails for lowells

Then they tell me of their legal obligations under DPA.

Please take this letter as our final response. Bla bla

You Have exhausted the complaints procedure to a final response so you can take the matter to FOS for a conclusion.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Can I suggest copy to ICO as I had a nightmare with my SAR request to Lowell. Three requests to Original Creditor and Two to Lowell plus several Civil Procedural Requests and two sets of Court Directions were needed. They say they did not get the paper work from the courts. Big gaps in it when I finally got it. Some info requested was never received. ICO needs to step up to the plate.

Hi sorry to jump in or hijack the thread but I also just had another letter from Lowell (thought they had given up 2 years ago !) anyway this relates to an alledged debt to Barclays of £1,400 - I have had no contact with Barclays since at least 2000/2001 in relation to the alledged debt so I know it is statute barred, the thing bugging me is that lowells are now stating on the letter "period covered 1/10/2008 to 31/01/2013" which I guess they are trying to sugest is within the 6 year period therefore not barred ?

Just to note I have Never made any contact with Lowells or any of their aliases they like to call themselves (Red Debt or whatever)

Do I just continue to ignore or do I send some sort of reply ?

Many thanks, and keep up the fantastic work :)

Hi sorry to jump in or hijack the thread but I also just had another letter from Lowell (thought they had given up 2 years ago !) anyway this relates to an alledged debt to Barclays of £1,400 - I have had no contact with Barclays since at least 2000/2001 in relation to the alledged debt so I know it is statute barred, the thing bugging me is that lowells are now stating on the letter "period covered 1/10/2008 to 31/01/2013" which I guess they are trying to sugest is within the 6 year period therefore not barred ?

Just to note I have Never made any contact with Lowells or any of their aliases they like to call themselves (Red Debt or whatever)

Do I just continue to ignore or do I send some sort of reply ?

Many thanks, and keep up the fantastic work :)

Please start a new thread in the debt collection forum, it is difficult to advise otherwise.