SORN Late penalty

packmule
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately, this means that you forgot to SORN. DVLA will state that it is your responsibility and they only send out reminders as a courtesy.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you but they will not accept the blame. Also don't forget that they will probably say that they posted a reminder and there is no proof that they haven't ---- many folk are using this a defense at the moment because statute dictates that if you posted something then you have, for the purpose of the law, delivered whatever it is you posted and no proof of posting is necessary just your word that you posted. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. They can claim the same so not receiving a reminder would not stand up in court.

On the other hand; had you posted or stated that you posted due notification to them then they will loose if it came to court

I am in my own battle with DVLA at the moment -------- They will loose that is a forgone conclusion but I am trying to find a way to get it into crown court without DVLA backing out so that we can get a ruling.

Good luck with that,something definately needs to be done. The DVLA have corrupted the original purpose of the act which as we all know was to trap unlicenced and un-insured vehicles.They have turned it into a money making [problem].