Sickness Benefit V Reduced Earnings Allowance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone had come across this situation before.

Can I claim Sickness Benefit without it affecting my Reduced Earnings Allowance, payable through my Industrial Injuries Benefit ?

I've tried looking all over the web for info but come up blank. I know I could claim this new EAS benefit but can't find anything about it affecting Sickness Benefit.

For that past few years I've been told I can't claim either being self-employed,but now my condition has increased to the stage I may now have to give up Self Employment all together.

"Sickness Benefit" hasn't existed for over 15 years, it was replaced with Incapacity Benefit (IB). However, since the introduction of Employment Support Allowance (ESA), you can no longer claim IB - you can now only make a new claim for ESA.

WOW, I've been out of touch..

Reduced Earnings Allowance hasn't existed for quite some time now either,that’s why I'm asking, as I don't want to lose it as it’s a lifetime award. The only way I could lose it was to return to my old job or similar type of earnings.

It says I can claim ESA Unemployment without it affecting my reduced earnings allowance, but does not say anything with regards to ESA Sickness or is this ESA all rolled into one now and covers sickness and unemployment ?

Edited by UncleBuck4U

Thanks, I was under the impression there was EAS Unemployment Benefit & ESA Sickness Benefit (at a higher rate) that you need sick notes from your doctor ???

What I'm trying to get at is, will I lose my reduced earnings Allowance if Iclaim ESA sickness ?

Along time ago, I could claim Unemployment Benefit and it would not affect my Industrial Injuries Benefit at all. That’s including the portion of Reduced Earnings Allowance.

However, I could not claim Sickness Benefit, without it affecting my Reduced Earnings element of my Industrial Injuries Benefit. It would be taken off me. (Since it's no longer available, I'd have lost it, whenI resumed working)

I rang them ....

Hopefully this may help anyone else in the same predicament !

Signing ESA for sickness or Unemployment Benefit (as it's all combined now into just ESA) will not affect your reduced earnings allowance, or your Industrial injuries Benefit ! BUT, having Industrial Injuries Dissablement Benefit will affect how much ESA you will receive and it will affect Housing Benefit too, along with other Benefits !!! So best to make a few phone callsf irst and see how much would be taken from those Benefits and the agro filling in forms and interviews to see if it's worthwhile claiming at all ?

I’d like to know where all those people are who are bleeding the system dry,as I can’t seem to get anything ? :???:

So I take it, if Contribution based, it will not affect it ?

If income based it will !

As I've been Self Employed paying a small stamp, will that contribute to Contribution based ?

Thanks

Just looked it up !!! Yes is the answer ...

Edited by UncleBuck4U