Hfo

fallback
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning,

I have been paying a debt,by DD,to the above cretins for 18months.

They stopped taking the DD payments three months ago,

and now I have had a letter from them stating they have passed the case to their solicitors for further action as I have broken the agreement by non payment.

The outstanding debt is £888

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Fallback,

First of all, please log onto your online banking system or go into your local branch and fully cancel the Direct Debit, DCA's have been known in the past to use this facility to empty bank accounts, only ever pay by setting up a standing order, that way you are in complete control, that rule also applies to your debit/credit cards as well, never give these to any DCA.

Onto the debt...

What debt are HFO chasing? Bank Account / Loan / Credit Card?

When was the debt taken out?

When was the debt defaulted?

Has their been a clear period of 6 years (5 years in Scotland) that no payment or written acknowledgment has been made?

Is the debt listed on your Credit Reference Files?

Who owns the debt? HFO or are HFO collecting on behalf of the Original Creditor?

As to the letters, they are just mainly threatograms, is the wording MAY, IF or Will?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi Fallback,

First of all, please log onto your online banking system or go into your local branch and fully cancel the Direct Debit, DCA's have been known in the past to use this facility to empty bank accounts, only ever pay by setting up a standing order, that way you are in complete control, that rule also applies to your debit/credit cards as well, never give these to any DCA.

Onto the debt...

What debt are HFO chasing? Bank Account / Loan / Credit Card?

When was the debt taken out?

When was the debt defaulted?

Has their been a clear period of 6 years (5 years in Scotland) that no payment or written acknowledgment has been made? Payments have been made for 18 months,they stopped taking them 3 months ago

Is the debt listed on your Credit Reference Files?.N o the debt is not listed on any credit file.

Who owns the debt? HFO or are HFO collecting on behalf of the Original Creditor?

As to the letters, they are just mainly threatograms, is the wording MAY, IF or Will?

Stigman

Answered two questions,will have to get the papers out to answer others.

Morning

More info needed please

I have been paying the debt for 18 months.HFO suddenly stopped taking payments three months ago.Letter received from HFO telling me I had broken the payment agreement and any further contact about the debt should be through their solicitors.I never contacted HFO when the stopped taking payments three months ago.

I have not broken any agreed payment, they stopped taking the DD.

Hi again

Who was the original account with?

Which HFO company from what address has actually written to you? Can you scan and post any correspondence with your personal details removed?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Check with your bank you need to know if HFO actually tried to collect on the DD if they did not then you have a perfect stance for challenging the ''non payment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Haven't heard anything from HFO on this forum n a while.... any update?

OFT still minded to refuse/revoke their licences, HFOC, current licence expires on 26/3/2013 and Roxburghe expires 4/3/2013, HFO Services expired Sept 2009.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Haven't heard anything from HFO on this forum n a while.... any update?

There was a couple of claims in Sept which came to CAG, HFO discontinued both when challenged.......

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
A direct debit with a DCA is a mistake!

The account I use never has any large amounts of cash in it.I use it for online purchases and load it up when needed,so there is no chance of a DCA raiding it at anytime.:-)