SKY TV and the penalty charge

Neeta92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had the same trouble with Sky today. I got a statement in the post the other day with the charge on it. I called up Sky asking what it was about and was told that it was if I received statements or paid by giro, told advisor that wasn't the case and he put me on hold to find out why I was suddenly charged. He then came back to say it was because and I quote 'we want you to pay by direct debit'. Spoke to a rather irritating advisor online today and asked several times for proof of costs to process my payment as well as pointed out the fact that it was a statement and not an invoice I received (all points I got from reading this thread so thank you!) he constantly repeated in several different ways that I am being charged as I don't pay by direct debit. After logging on to my account he then came back and said that I was set up on Invoices from 01/07/2012 and that I should have been charged £4 from then! I have not received any statements/invoices until the 1st one came in the post to my surprise the other day! I also noticed that on the back of the statement received it says on Point 4 that in order to avoid administration charges for future months I should pay by methods stated below which include all payment methods!! Surely this is a contradiction!? After requesting several times that he transfer me to someone who can actual answer my questions (All I was getting was 'you need to pay by direct debit' and all questions regarding the breakdown of costs and the fact that it was a statement received was completley ignored), he transferred me to his supervisor. His supervisor after reading the chat said he will credit my account with £4 for the current bill and that he does not know if I will be charged £4 in the next bill as it has not been generated. I agreed to have the account credited with £4 for this current bill however firmly stated that should I have the same issue again next month, I will again dispute the £4 charge.

What do you think??

Hello and Welcome,

I've started a new thread for you,.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi I have moved your thread to the digital tv forums.

If you pay by direct debit but request monthly paper statements then sky charge £1 per month for this.

If you have been a non-dd customer for sometime and pay by giro or card each month then an invoice each month is £4 per month.

Sky now only accept direct debit customers, which as a business is their choice to do so.

If an invoice payment is missed a payment and their services are blocked then they do not get reinstated until direct debit details are provided.

IF you are paying by invoice each month and pay on time each month their should not be an issue.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)