JBW bailiff fees on unpaid parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks in advance as I always receive excellent advise from yourselves.

I have an Issue, a parking ticket that was registered to my car which was registered to my old rented address (I know I should have updated the address, I forgot this time) had been referred to JBW. a bailiff had attended my old address and and left a number and no letter with the current tenants, the landlord passed his number to me. I had at one stage a long time ago been aware of the ticket so cannot claim I didn't know of it.

He has said that I owe him the £87 which the ticket amounted to plus a further £300 for his fee! The CAB gave me the attached document to plead with the guy but I don't really know what my next steps should be. £387 seems ridiculous when I didn't know it was being referred to a bailiff until it was too late, I had moved house.

I realised I cannot upload this word doc which Portsmouth CAB gave me so it so it's pasted below, apologies if it's untidy...

Again, thanks in advance! :)

-----------

Parking penalties: civil enforcement Add to my references

Fees in unpaid parking penalty cases Add to my references

25 The fees for bailiffs in unpaid parking penalty cases are as follows:-

For preparing and sending a letter advising the client that a warrant is with the bailiff and requesting the sum due - £11.20

For levying distress where the sum due is not more than £100 - £28

For levying distress where the sum due is more than £100 - 28% on the first £200 and 5.5% on any sum over £200

For attending to levy distress where no levy is made - Reasonable costs, but not more than the fees that could be charged if a levy were made

More about levying distress

26 The fee for sending a letter to the client can be charged only if the letter is sent before a first visit is made.

27 Bailiffs are allowed to charge the fees for a maximum of three visits only. Charges in unpaid parking penalty cases Add to my references

28 The charges in unpaid parking penalty cases are as follows:-

Close possession - £5.60 per day

Walking possession - 55p each day for the first 14 days and 5p a day after that

Valuation of goods, at the client's request - Reasonable fees and costs

Removing goods or attending to remove goods where no goods are removed - Reasonable costs

Sale of goods - 15% of the proceeds of sale if the sale is held on auctioneer's premises plus reasonable costs of advertising, removal and storage. - 7.5% of the proceeds of sale if the sale is on the client's premises, plus reasonable cost of advertising, removal and storage. Where no sale takes place, reasonable fees and costs may be charged

Windwatcher.

Did JBW confirm that the address on the warrant is that of your PREVIOUS address? If so then NO WAY !!!

All local authorities and bailiff companies are fully aware of CPR 75.7 (7) which relates to a new address.

In the morning you need to call the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007 and wait to be connected with an operator. You need to provide the PCN number and they will confirm the address on the warrant. You may then file an Out of Time Witness Statement. The application can then be returned to TEC by email All enforcement must then CEASE until the application has been considered ( approx 6-8 weeks).

PS: Make sure that you have the PCN number first....

Thanks guys, so you know; the address attended by the bailiff would have been the only one the council had and the council probably assumed I was ignoring the letters. The bailiff I suppose wouldn't have known it was the wrong address until he got there?

Would the Out of Time Witness Statement still apply? I'm not actually sure what that is, also as mentioned above I acknowledged the PCN early on so they know I knew of it. I paid another and got confused, then moved shortly after and they had no way of reminding me, does it still apply?

Thanks again guys, I REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT :)

andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am completing the form now but none of the 4 options apply as per my previous posts, the options are (in short) the PCN has been paid, I hadn't received the PCN, I had appealed or I made representations. Do I just tick it was not received even though I knew of the PCN? as mentioned above, they knew I knew about it.

I just want to be sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40428[/ATTACH]

I have now received a letter breaking down the fees, also, attached is the original letter. Can anyone advise on if these should be paid? it seems extortionate :(

Failing that, should I still be applying for the Out of Time Witness Statement??

Thanks again

JBW are talking rubbish. Ther atr or attendance to remove and attendance to levy fee's do not count as no levies were made. I am sure c marsh is Andrew c marsh. He has worked for ccs and also jbw . Look out for him. He is big but his strength is pea sized. waller knows this. Actually to put it another way. Waller is not in control at jbw as the companies jbw have taken over in the past few years are having a power tussle and so on. If you get the drift.

So whats cooking today ?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a £30 no waiting ticket on my car did not pay and Marstons came round and added £320 and they can do that legally? I always though English law was based on being reasonable according to our laws £300 for a man to take my credit card details and then charge me a credit card fee is reasonable the mind boggles!