Sky and Wescot

scott425
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had Sky tv package, Sky talk and broadband. In July i noticed a £5 surcharge was being applied to my broadband account. I emailed Sky through My Account facility to ask why this was. Sky kept saying i wasn't being charged, but the £5 surcharge kept appearing on my bill. Eventually they told me it was because my Sky Talk had been cancelled, although i knew nothing about this. I asked a couple of times for Sky to re-activate my Sky Talk subscription to stop the £5 overcharge - Sky failed to do this so after months of emailing and being lied to and fobbed off at every turn in the end i cancelled my whole package.

Sky accept that i gave notice on 5th September 2012 and that my notice period ended 6th October 2012. Sky also accept that i was paid up until the 22nd September. They have been demanding that i pay a full months subscription of £41.50. I have again been trying to get any semblance of sense out of Sky and getting nowhere - they insist that i have to pay the full month as 'it is in my contract'

Rather than deal direct with myself they have now passed the issue to Wescot Credit Services Ltd. Wescot sent a general bill asking for £41.50 which i informed Sky i would be disregarding. They have been telephoning nearly every day and pestering my elderly mother.

They have now sent the following letter:"We have previously advised you that one of the actions we were considering on your account was a Door Step Collection Visit to your home address to recover the outstanding balance (I have not received any such notice).

As we know of no genuine reason why you have failed to repay the outstanding balance, instructions will now be provided to our agent to make an appointment with you to visit your home address. The purpose of the visit is to agree with you how you will repay this debt.

You have a final opportunity to avoid referral to a Door Step Collection Agent by telephoning us to agree a suitable method of repayment of the outstanding balance IMMEDIATELY on the telephone number above.

Yours sincerely

Wescot Credit Services Ltd"Letter is unsigned and gives no name.

This has now been dragging on for over 4 months so any help or advice will be gratefully received - many thanks in advance.

Scott.

As this relates to a fee for your broadband / phone package I would follow this :-

http://help.sky.com/my-account/complaints/how-to-complain-to-sky/

Keep pushing to escalate your complaint... it is unprofitable for them to allow a complaint to go as far as "Ombudsman Services: Communications", so ask for them to give you a "DEADLOCK" letter in all communications.

Ignore Westcot, or tell them that you are dealing with Sky. If they phone you, tell them you will only deal with this in writing, and you are dealing directly with sky so you will not answer any of their security questions, then hang up.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar