need advice regarding redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am a senior project manager for a construction company. I was called into the directors office on wednesaday 12th Dec and advised MY JOB was at risk. i was informed that they would help me with alternative employment both within the group and externally, but not to "hold my breath" re alternative work with the company. however, two days earlier I had been asked by another branch for a reference on an old colleague (from another comapany) for the position of project manager. I subsequently received a letter on 13th confirming discussions that my job was at risk and that the selection process had been completed (i was not advised in the brief meeting that the selection process had been completed) and i am to attend a consultation meeting on 17th Dec'12. I have been employed with the company 19th months.

On the 13th dec'12, my line manager advised my site team and client i had been made redundant and confiscated my company laptop, which I accidentally left on site and a colleague was going to bring to me.

Question; Are the company obliged to tell me who and how many of my colleagues were in the pool for selection and should this selection process have been made known to the individuals in the pool as opposed to being carried out apparently behind closed doors?

Is there a minimum consultation period and should i fail to attend the meeting due to illness (i am worried sick) what will happen?

Hello moverLA, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Before anything please make sure you have it in writing that they told your client on 13th Dec that you were already made redundant.

Looks like the decision has been made. I suggest you put in a grievance about the process not being followed correctly by informing the client that you had been made redundant when infact you are still employed. Have you received your laptop back? Are you able to continue work?