Maybe a dumb thread but please bear with me..

katieox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I'm new to this to please bare with me.

I have debts obviously, I lost my job and had to sign on and became in debt. I now have debt companies writing to me but I'm not sure how to go about contacting them because in the past I have been spoken to rather rudely and its just totally put me off wanting to deal with them (bad on my behalf I know).

Does anyone know how I can write a letter asking to see the original credit agreement to make sure its signed and all above board? Also what do I do if the agreements aren't signed?

Really not sure about what I'm meant to do, so if anyone could lend me a hand and post a little information then that would be fantastic. Sorry if this is in the wrong section and sorry if its a stupid question/thread lol.

You will find letter templates in the CAG library, linked in Green at the top of each screen.

I would suggest you also have a read round the forums.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

why do you think the agreements are 'dodgy?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First thing is first DON'T BE AFRAID of these people they will try all sorts of tricks to get you to pay.

You will never see an original agreement because they won't have it, and they might only have a copy.

What are the DCAs called that are harrasing you?

COD

The ''paperwork'' approach to challenging a debt is not very powerful now, reconstituted agreements to satisfy a CCA197 section 77/78 request are allowable, the

''signature'' is often a tick box on an online app.

A CCA request has £1 statutory fee payable. the creditor has 12 + 2 working days to comply, there is a template in the CAG library, address it to the Compliance Mananger at each DCA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As the brigade says

my understanding is that anything after 2007 it really doesn't matter what they have,

the fact you used the account etc is enough.

With ones before that when you request the agreement they do not have to provide a signed copy just a copy of what you would have signed.

Unless you have kept great records and i certainly don't it is a very hard route to go down

and a judge may well not believe what you say.

So getting out of your debt is difficult if not impossible.

However if you are on benefit i would tell them that and either ask for a payment break with interest and charges frozen or offer a token payment. G