advice needed.

pca2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my son and i are thinking about moving in with my partner he pays csa for his daughter every wk and he was told off someone that if we were to live together that my wages get taken into account and that i would have to contribute to those payments he makes, baring in mind i only work 16hrs a wk i dont think this is right paying for someone elses child .,:sad:

I can't think of one ..... under CSA-2 ..... it's cold hard calculations

Which is, both good, and bad!

The terrible thing, with CSA payments, wether we make em, or recieve em

is the emoction, invovlement.

It really helps, if you can detach yourself. And just accept the enevitable.

But from experience...... always always always, check the figures.

The CSA get their numbers wrong, all too often.

In this particular case, the OP and her partner will be better off.

But of course, the suppported child, will be worse off.

Unlkess the partner, has had, a 1 off bonus, earlier in the year.

Or had a salary increase, between, annual assesment.

Then, there's not a lot else, the ex partner can appeal on.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say, it's none of her business.

The op and her partner, can ask for a reassment, and the result, will be what the ex partner will recieve.

Based on the fact, there's a new dependant.

Ok I'm not going into details but I appealed a CSA decision and we are currently waiting on a tribunal date. I have a damm good reason for appealing the decision and the CSA accepted it hence the tribunal.

It would be wrong for us to say to the poster of this thread that her partners ex can do nothing about it because its not strictly true. However its unlikely because the ex partner will need a really good reason for the appeal if its to even be looked at by the CSA.

I'd like to see an example, becuase I can't think of one.

If the OP's partner has paid the correct amount, and has been, for all of the claim.

Then it's quite simple.

If there's been an underpayment, or some skulldugery, on his part(e.g not declaring income)

Then an appeal, can be maid. Although its not an appeal, but a supply of further information, to be investigated.

Well I'm afraid you won't be seeing my example as it involves my two children's ongoing medical conditions and care. Obviously quite sensitive information I won't be posting on a forum that anyone can read. Also just because you cannot think of an example doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the rule.

The OP has asked if her moving in with her parnter will have an effect on her wages. The short answer is that it won't as her wages are not taken into account. However the ex partner could appeal the decision that would be made which could result in a tribunal hearing.

Appeal for what ??

And I did'nt ask you for personal info

In fact I did'nt ask you for anything. I'd just like to see an example.

So, What could the OP's partners ex, have grounds for an appeal ?

I like to add to my knowledge bank

hi again see what i find annoying my daughter is 21 and i split from her father before she was born and she has never had anything what so ever from him he knew all about her and stayed in the same area all her life when i met my sons father down south i was working full time and we were together for over a yr before i fell for my son we moved bk to my home town in scotland he was living with me for a yr after his birth before we split and after we split he paid me £40 pound a fortnight for the first 8months after we split and that was taken from my benefits and after that didnt hear from him again and the social security asked me if they would like them to contact him for csa payments and months later i got a letter saying the 3rd party didnt want to proceed with it whatever that meant i dont know

You could ring the CSA and make a claim for your son. I don't think he gets the option not to proceed if he is named on the birth certificate. All I did when I split from my husband was ring the CSA, follow the options for making a new claim then gave them my details, the kid details and confirmed my ex was named on both birth certificates. Gave them my ex's name and address and they contacted him then wrote to me with details of how much I was entitled to per week etc. Took about 5 minutes on the phone.