Marlin Europe II - Black Horse debt

banksters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please NEVER EVER phone a fleecing DCA

they are NOT bailiffs

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

Sorry to bother you again.

I just now spoke to StepChange (CCCS) to discuss this debt and what they believe should be done.

The response was I think very biased for the creditors and even somewhat of a scare tactic, but still I want to run this by you for my own peace of mind.

CCCS say they have rules that do not allow ANY creditors on my father's payment list to be stopped.

Interestingly enough several months ago I had a heated dispute with another of his creditors,

JJB sports card where they were applying massive interest and charges resulting in after 7 years of payments a debt larger than the original.

Cutting a long story short we came to an agreement of a final settlement, minus ALL charges and interest and some more.

What I did was use his online account management with CCCS and reduce that creditor to £0 - no more payments were made to them or questioned by CCCS.

This is what I want to get clear though, if not for my sake for the sake of my worrying father!

1 - Marlin have NOT produced so far a Credit Agreement, within the timescale.

2 - I have issued them with a copy of a letter from this website to dispute this debt with 21 days for them to reply.

3 - CCCS have just informed me that as LLoyds were the original creditor, Marlin have no obligation whatsoever to provide me with a Credit Agreement...(Can't be right? Can it?)

4 - CCCS say as Marlin have stated they are "trying" to get the agreement and havn't stated they "Won't" get the areement the debt is still very much enforceable.

5 - CCCS stated to me that to cancel my DMP with them will highly result in all sorts of legal action, including bailiffs, court orders, debt collectors etc.

They also strongly advised me that creditors will highly likely only accept offers made from CCCS, not me!

Please guys look over this carefully for me,

I do appreciate your time.

I see some inconsistencies with CCCS, like number 3 and 4 above.

Funny they asked me where I'm getting all this "Credit Act 1974" business from and I stated own research and a very helpful consumer forum,

I had a strong feeling the advisor was none to impressed with me looking to a "Consumer help forum" - I think she knew which one I was looking at lol :p

I feel like I can see a little more clearly who CCCS really are and are now determined to take them out of the equation.

Please help me if you can clear the above up, if only for peace of mind before I act.

Also all his creditors can deal with me if my father gives them permission, right?

Cheers guys, many thanks.

Hi all

Sorry to bother you again.

I just now spoke to StepChange (CCCS) to discuss this debt and what they believe should be done.

The response was I think very biased for the creditors and even somewhat of a scare tactic, but still I want to run this by you for my own peace of mind.

CCCS say they have rules that do not allow ANY creditors on my father's payment list to be stopped.

Interestingly enough several months ago I had a heated dispute with another of his creditors,

JJB sports card where they were applying massive interest and charges resulting in after 7 years of payments a debt larger than the original.

Cutting a long story short we came to an agreement of a final settlement, minus ALL charges and interest and some more.

What I did was use his online account management with CCCS and reduce that creditor to £0 - no more payments were made to them or questioned by CCCS.

This is what I want to get clear though, if not for my sake for the sake of my worrying father!

1 - Marlin have NOT produced so far a Credit Agreement, within the timescale.

2 - I have issued them with a copy of a letter from this website to dispute this debt with 21 days for them to reply.

3 - CCCS have just informed me that as LLoyds were the original creditor, Marlin have no obligation whatsoever to provide me with a Credit Agreement...(Can't be right? Can it?) - WRONG!!

4 - CCCS say as Marlin have stated they are "trying" to get the agreement and havn't stated they "Won't" get the areement the debt is still very much enforceable. - WRONG!!

5 - CCCS stated to me that to cancel my DMP with them will highly result in all sorts of legal action, including bailiffs, court orders, debt collectors etc.

They also strongly advised me that creditors will highly likely only accept offers made from CCCS, not me!

- WRONG!! under various rules, a personally run DMP should not be disadvantaged against a paid or ot charity one

ofcourse CCS will use scare tactics...who do they get paid by....in the long run

for a DMP of this age, they NEVER EVER did any checks on the creditors/dca to ENSURE they had the legal RIGHT to demand payment

and [as you have found with the JJB debt] NEVER EVER look at PENALTY charges or PPI reclaiming.

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFs, they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS. as for BAILIFFS,

they ONLY come AFTER its been to COURT

a CCJ is awarded, you FAIL to meet the CCJ, the creditor switches court & pays more to get the HCEO bailiffs involved. [very very rare on acivil debt]

Please guys look over this carefully for me,

I do appreciate your time.

I see some inconsistencies with CCCS, like number 3 and 4 above.

Funny they asked me where I'm getting all this "Credit Act 1974" business from and I stated own research and a very helpful consumer forum,

I had a strong feeling the advisor was none to impressed with me looking to a "Consumer help forum" - I think she knew which one I was looking at lol :p

I feel like I can see a little more clearly who CCCS really are and are now determined to take them out of the equation.

Please help me if you can clear the above up, if only for peace of mind before I act.

Also all his creditors can deal with me if my father gives them permission, right?

Cheers guys, many thanks.

sadly, me thinks 90% of what you are paying through CCCS are cash cow debts.

dump them

CCA everyone of them

NO CCA = NO PAY.

sadly unless there is PPI involved

you've prob LOST the chance of claiming back all the PENALTY charges WRONGFULLY applied to these debt

outside of 6yrs

i bet each of the debts, [as you found with JJB] are simply PENALTY charges.

nothing was owed the first place!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

correct

even more so if they credit is prior to mid 2007

dx

and they

My father has now received the Credit Agreement :( It would seem my only path now is try and get this interest stopped.

Personally I would give them £1 a month, but I will see what my father wants to do.

Cheers guys.