Virgin media contract incorrect so not signed or returned.

denny310
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try and keep this short:

I had a rep come out to me to sign me up to services with VM. This meeting was at my previous address (his choice to come early) but services were for my new address i moved into 4 days later. It was all agreed and a date set for installation.

When the engineer came to install he could not as there had never been a cable from the "box" to the property... the rep told me that previous services had been at that property as a "debt had been run up there"

Anyway a month later we finally got it all installed after being fobbed off twice.

The broadband is slow and we are simply not happy with any of the services. I did receive a contract through the post to sign and return but the start date was incorrect, over 3 weeks earlier than it should have been so i put that down to being null and void and did not sign it or return it.

If I was to cancel services now would it be breaking the contract? Is there actually a valid contract? Surely to be a valid contract VM would have to provide proof that I was aware of early cancellation fees and that I had agreed to them by signing the contract?

I have a billing issue also.

The rep said he could give me free installation just like the online offer. He said he would ring his manager to apply it on the first bill.... guess what, we got charged and when I contacted VM about this they siad I had to provide evidence of this, how can I when it was done verbally? So did the rep lie to me? I contacted him again and he said he would sort it but if it is lies then a formal compalint will also be on the way as part of the condition of us signing up was free installation that the rep promised.

Any views on this?

Thanks.

Most services of these type are that you agree to their t and c's when you activate the services.

If you are unhappy with the service and they cannot improve ht ebb spped etc then I would certainly write to the head office with all your complaints and what you would like done to rectify them

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)