A little laugh at Capital One's expense

Sharmanator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,First post here after much lurking so excuses if this is in the wrong place but I thought you may like a brief giggle at Capital One's expense.Earlier this year I was off work sick for several weeks (the stresses of management etc) durning which time I began receiving phone calls during the day. Mrs Sharmanator and I had only moved into the house in February and it would appear BT recyceld a phone number so we would get two or three calls a week asking me to price up someones kitchen etc. This was no hassle. However after a few days I got a call asking for a Mr X at this number. I informed the gentleman (of I believe Indian origin and location) that such a person was not at this address and that they had the wrong number. A fact I was to repeat to his colleague three hours later and again to a well spoken lady of similar location later that evening. All were very apologetic.Less apologetic was the poor unfortunate who rang the following morning as I was trying to relax myself from my morning stresses who ignored my request to stop ringing this number and remove it from thier system. He opted to ask me some security questions instead; BAD MOVE. This instantly flagged up to me it was a financial matter, although not as much as a simple 1471 that showed me their call centre somewhere in the Sub continent is routing through a number in Nottingham. It took me at least three whole minutes to find out who's number it was. Just in case I needed it you understand.One day my wife came home at lunch to check on me at which point the phone rang and she answered it, raged at the person on the phone and then hung up. My response took her by surprise as I picked the phone up, dialled their number and asked to speak to the very gentleman (Mr X) they had been chasing at my number " I am sorry sir he doesn't work here..." "No? That's funny, he doesn't live here either but you keep ringing me up chasing him. From now on every time you ring me, I will ring you, and I will get less and less polite each time, understand?""Yes Sir. Sorry Sir. I will amend our records accordingly"That was in May and I haven't heard from them since......

Edited by Sharmanator