Helllpppp student finance revoked

anjum786mohammed1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Just received a shock of my life that my student finance has been revoked.

Let me start from the beginning, i was married in Pakistan in 2007, and my wife joined me in the UK in November 2011. I am currently in year 3 in uni. For the past 2 years i have stated in my student finance application that i am single due to the fact that i was not living with my wife and she was in Pakistan, she is a pakistani national. I have this year submitted my Pakistani marriage certificate to student finance as my wife has now joined me in the UK.

We have only been living as wife husband since November 2011 as in pakistani/islamic law a wife and husband can live together after a walima (a ceremony) takes place, this is after the marriage ceremony has taken place.

I have received a call from a student finance rep saying that i have falsely given inaccurate information in my previous years of study so i will not get paid any student loans, grants and tuition fees.

I feel this is too harsh as i have mistakenly given inaccurate information. I did not know that i had to tell student finance that a Nikkah (pakistani Marriage) had taken place.

Also i have read somewhere that pakistani marriages/nikkahs are not recoginised in the UK in the 1st place.

Pleaseeee can someone help me