some quick ppi questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

F I L is looking at claiming back PPI and i just want someone to check this letter is OK

----------------------

I am currently looking at reclaiming PPI on the Credit cards, Loans and if there was any on my morgage.

At the time of taking out these agreements the insurance would have been unnecessary as I was covered for injury/illness through a workplace scheme and feel that this insurance was therefore miss-sold to me.

As i am also a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic the insurance was also miss-sold as i would not have been able to claim off it.

Therefore I would like all the details on any of the above that I have held with you, I have only just been made aware through the news about the possibility of reclaiming these so the back limit of 6 years does not apply.

Please provide all details of any Payment protection I have made on my various accounts, if you feel these records have been destroyed from age then I would like proof of destruction from your registered data controller, I am aware that you will need to hold this under the civil evidence act (1995).

However I would like to point out that I am happy with my accounts and would like to continue banking with yourselves and may consider a percentage offer of whatever I have paid in previously.

I look forward to your reply

-----------

he also had a loan with purple loans that had PPI on it but has no details for these if anyone can give details that would be great

Edited by labrat

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

just found purple loan is now part of GE money do i get him to write to them as well?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

For your Father in Law I would suggest a full SAR to start with in order to get all of the data that they hold on him. The SAR shouldn't mention PPI because that will give them an excuse to restrict the data that they send to him.

From the data that comes back it should be possible to prepares some figures so that he is aware of the amount that may be due back.

He should, at the very least, complete a fos consumer questionnaire (available from the fos website) for each account on which he is claiming.

The completed questionnaire(s) should be sent to the lender together with a brief covering letter....all of the reasons for mis-selling will be given in the completed questionnaire. Ideally the questionnaire should be accompanied by the spreadsheet calculations which have been prepared from the SAR data.

For the Purple/GE loan, the claim should be started with GE although if the loan was obtained through a broker they may well turn you down that route if it was the broker who sold the PPI.