style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this was posted on a forum I'm a member of and I figured this would be the best place to get the best answer from. so any help and advice would seriously be beneficial to the OFP

My bike was handed over to the Evans Cycles Chill Factore store on Saturday 11th August 2012 for a straightforward replacement of parts. I was told that it could be up to two weeks before the bike could be collected. Ample time I thought for a planned biking trip at end of August.

As I had not heard from the store for several weeks I called to determine the status of the repair. I was told that there had been a mix-up and the parts had still not been ordered. I then received a call from the store manger on Monday 10th September at 16:40 informing me that my bike had been stolen from the store, four weeks after the bike was given to them for safe-keeping. It then took until the 25th September for Evans to contact me regarding a settlement, however, I have refused this offer as I consider it derisory when you consider that I have been without a bike for so long and my chances of buying a similar spec bike for this amount is almost non-existent. 'Evans Cycles' state that the theft was a situation outside their control but if my bike had been repaired within the four weeks that it was in 'Evans' possession then I believe that my bike would not have been stolen. I also understand that this is not the first time that bikes have been stolen from this store so I can only assume that security has not been adequately increased since the previous break-in.

'Evans Cycles' state that their insurance cover does not provide 'new for old' yet I feel that this is the least I deserve. I would have gladly accepted a new bike but now I wish to have a cash payment so I can purchase elsewhere. Today I have still not had a response from Evans regarding the original offer.

Where do I stand with this offer from 'Evans Cycles' insurers? Do I have to accept their offer regardless or can I employ a solicitor to request additional compensation for being without a bike for three months?