how long after you send off your first medical certificate do you get your first ESA payment?

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It depends on several factors, firstly if the claim is complete and medical evidence is provided covering from day 8 of the claim for a future period, and then it depends on the workload of the processing staff.

The "clowns" are not all "youngsters who couldn't give a monkey's" there are staff aged from approx 18 to retirement age working on all processing departments, but it is workload that really dictates the length of time for processing.

I know fine well the range of staff that are employed at the DSS. I was there from 1967 for a long time. Of course they aren't all clowns that would be an insult. I can assure you however that the staff I spoke to just weren't interested. As I have friends still working at the DSS, I know why they aren't. Just as an addition, when Atos threw my wife off ESA (obviously wrongly, just like a lot of others; tested her on physical ability, not mental), it took another four weeks to get JSA. Staff failed to close down the ESA despite being repeatedly told by me that JSA couldn't kick in until ESA was shut!

Anyway, I've sort of gone off track. I'll makje no more comment!

• 1 month later...

I'm assuming your friend has also made a full application for ESA on the phone or by post. In that case, a couple of weeks would be typical, but it can vary a little depending on which office is processing the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm assuming your friend has also made a full application for ESA on the phone or by post. In that case, a couple of weeks would be typical, but it can vary a little depending on which office is processing the claim.

yes he has gone through the phone apllication :-)